Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vipnd808 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 09:06 PM
    What do I do.I'm being sued for credit card debt!
    I am being sued by my credit card company for an outstanding debt. The problem is that my ex-boyfriend refuses to pay for his part. The card was under myself but he had a card with his name on it. Now I'm being sued and they want the full amount which I do not have. What do I need to do and is there something I can do to get the $ from my ex?:confused:
    Justice Matters Posts: 210, Reputation: 27

Jan 25, 2009, 09:35 PM
    As the primary cardholder you appear to recognize that you are responsible to the credit card company for all activity on the account. If your ex will not voluntarily pay then you may need to bring a third party claim against him.

How this is done, along with any other legal options that may be available to you, will depend upon the laws of your particular jurisdiction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

Being sued over credit card debt [ 3 Answers ]

I got a summons today about an old credit card debt. They sent it to me before at an address I never lived at twice and both times the company suing me filed for a continuance or I would have lost because I never knew there was a hearing. I have a couple of questions about this. First the statute...

Being sued for a credit card debt [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have never reached out to a forum like this before, so please excuse any ignorance I may display in asking questions that you may feel I should know. I have been reading all of the other questions, about being sued, and how to go about it, but just want to know that when I send the...

Being sued over an old credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, I recently was served with papers via a Sherrif's deputy around 2 months ago. I answered the supeona and followed all of the proper channels notifying the bottom feeder collection attorney that bought the debt that the debt was incorrect, not mine, and that the statue of limitations had...

View more questions Search