Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2006, 06:41 AM
    What people do on the internet.
    I've seen stats like this but am looking for a bit more specific.

I know well that true numbers can only be a guess, but the reason I'm asking is that someone once told me that genealogical research is the #3 activity that people do on the net. I'd like to find who says this and see if there's any reason to believe it. I don't find a claim of this sort anywhere on the net.

Again, I understand that this can never be proven... but does anyone know of any websites that compile any sort of information like this? I scrounged Google's extra stuff best I could but Zeitgeist was the only thing I found even close, but that just doesn't give me what I'm looking for.

Am I making any sense? :o

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    the reason I'm asking is that someone once told me that genealogical research is the #3 activity that people do on the net. I'd like to find who says this
    Some genealogical research site most likely ;)

I wouldn't be surprised though if it wasn't high on any lists.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2006, 07:05 AM
    Just to clarify, the "statistic" was not presented as meaning #3 for individual people in general, but given to say of all the stuff being done on the internet over a period... as if

Shopping
    Chat rooming
    Genealogical research
    Travel research
    Gaming
    etc...

If anyone knows of sites that attempt to compile and present this sort of info, I'd appreciate it.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 07:22 AM
    The only thing I can suggest is something you may have seen:

http://www.google.com/trends

It lets you compare the frequency keywords are searched for on Google. So for example -
    Which Premiership football team (out of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool & Man Utd.) gets the most searches?
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2006, 08:03 AM
    Thanks, LT. Yes, I did see it (and found both it and zeitgeist quite interesting) but not quite what I'm looking for.

To be honest, the more I think of it the more I realize that what I'm looking for is probably just not possible to compile... and those who CAN compile it probably don't - or at least don't publish it...
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Aug 4, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Not any answer really (doh! ),but I just typed Visual Liturgy,and came up with this link: :D

http://news.com.com/Symantec+atones+...l?tag=nefd.top

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really hot people [ 49 Answers ]

Im not sure if this is the correct thread to put this in but, darn if we don't need a place to put beautifull people like this. That boy is fine as I don't know what. How did he get to be that gorgeous. Swoon.

Why do some people say? [ 5 Answers ]

I am wondering why some people say to use condoms when girls give you head?

What people really look like :) [ 17 Answers ]

This is maybe a silly thread to start, but... what do all of you look like in real life? I don't mean you need to share a photo haha, but I've noticed that with many of the posters here (except those who have already use their photo as their avatar), I have a preconceived notion in my head of what...

Hello people [ 1 Answers ]

Does any body here know how to reformat a PC?

View more questions Search