Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2009, 01:40 PM
    Heat has a mind of it's own
    I have a '06 Maxima. This is the 1st winter I noticed this... while Im driving the car heats up pretty quickly and gets nice and warm... yet, if I park or I'm sitting on the break for a few minutes... only cool air comes out... what's wrong with my heat? Can I fix this? Burrr...
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 09:14 AM

A couple of things could be contributing here: If the thermostat is stuck partially open, the coolant tempurature will range normal while you're driving but once the engine load is taken away, things cool off quickly.
    Another possibility is a cooling fan staying on.
    Check that the coolant is clean and full. If the cooling fans are running when they shouldn't be, you may have a sticking relay or a faulty control head for your HVAC system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex,sex,sex. Can't get if off my mind! [ 8 Answers ]

Ive been with my boyfriend for a year now. And I love having sex. I mean 2-3 times a day. I can't get enough. I'm scared one day he's going to tell me he's sick of me always being so needy or thinking our relationship is revolved around his penis.. like we'll be laying beside each other and my...

Carrier Hvac heat pump with aux/em heat- NO AUX HEAT [ 1 Answers ]

I have tried to install Honeywell 7500d thermostat. I get heat pump heat but no emergency heat although the termostate is calling for it. The installation manual says to see authorized agent if I have a dual 0/b on existing thermostat and another wire is attached to common. As of now, I have ...

On my mind. [ 8 Answers ]

So this has been on my mind for a while, I am the father on my daughters birth certificate and have been soul supporter of her since day one. My daughter is now one and a half and I got with my fiancée when she was about four months pragnet with her. My question is if I have been dad in every way...

Tv mind of its own [ 2 Answers ]

My 27" panasonic crt TV turns off no rhyme or reason it could be 15 minutes. It could be 2 hours I unplug power count to 5 and push power button and it comes back on it's 7 years old

View more questions Search