Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ola Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 01:56 AM
    Management Consultant
    Hello buddies,I am a holder of a bachelors degree{honours} in Economics,I desperately want to be a Management Consultant.will you good people tell me what to do now?I want to get a masters degree by coursework, commencing this October in either of Marketing;Industrial Relations and Personnel Management;Operations Research;Operations and Production Management;Finance;Accounting;Economics or a Professional Masters degree,either of Master of Banking and Finance MBF or Master of Industrial and Labour Relations MILR?just one of these courses please.also please bear in mind that I intend to get an MBA later next year when I have enough dosh. AND
    What is my job description as a management consultant?
    Good people...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Did you just graduate? If so, talk to your school's placement service. They can advise on job seeking.
    ola Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 10:01 PM
    Thanks Scott,for taking time out to reply me.I am an African,a Nigerian to be exact.I actually graduated in 2002 and I've worked in small private coys but it had nothing to do with management consultancy.That's y I stopped work Feb this year with a bid 2 better myself as the unemployment scourge bites deep in my part of the world now{i graduated 4yrs ago so you don't want to imagine the population of graduates in the labour mkt,<or is it unemployment mkt?>as we have quite a number of universities.The Nigerian economy can't absorb the rate at which it is turning out graduates!}Things don't work in my country like it does in the US or Europe.So like I earlier said I want to better myself by first getting a postgraduate degree{MSc}this Oct,then get an MBA next year,by the grace of God.I have even contacted some schools in England that offer a certifacate in management consulting essentials/diploma in management consultancy/and even an MSc in management consultancy.So this is where I am now,at crosscroads,confused and all... Scott what do you think please?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 5, 2006, 03:39 AM
    The problem is management consultant is such a broad term. It can cover so many different types of positions. The only suggestion I can give is to consult with local employment agencies or whatever you have in Nigeria. Try to get a better handle on the job description that will cover what you want to do. That can then help you target the market (what there is of it).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mary Kay Consultant [ 6 Answers ]

I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay and I have invested about $1900 in the inventory. Was that a smart choice? Any suggestions would be great. And what is the best way to conduct this business??

Management [ 4 Answers ]

Distinguish between the words administration and management ?

Management [ 10 Answers ]

Can you list any five most common/popular questions from management as a subject?

Management [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between management and administration?

View more questions Search