Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russharv63 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 11:25 AM
    Is getting TV on your PC a scam?
    I want to use the internet to receive TV channels. I am not talking about buying a "tv card" so I can hook up a TV cable. I am talking about buying the software legally and getting it set up on my PC. Is it possible to do this and if so what are some of the best sites that offer this service?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2009, 11:37 AM

As far as I know, none of the networks and especially none of the cable channels, broadcast their content in real time over the Internet. However, many programs are replayed after their initial broadcast and can then be watched over the Internet. You need to check the site of the broadcaster.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 11:53 AM

You can go to the networks web sites and watch many shows ( no live time) my son watches cartoons all the time. But they are recorded shows that were on TV before.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Jan 25, 2009, 06:55 PM

Agree with the posts before me. Most of the services you'll find don't broadcast many, if any, of the main networks you would see on cable or satellite TV. They're generally free broadcasts they pick up from around the web, with very little following.

You can get live TV sometimes from the network's website itself, usually for special events. Like the presidential inauguration... msnbc, foxnews, cnn, and even BBC were all streaming their live television broadcast over the web. And FYI... surprisingly... the BBC website had the best stream, in my opinion. We were running it full screen on 42" LCDs at work, and it looked just like we were playing it on TV. They did a great job. I was impressed :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scam or not? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a call from a man named Frank in Miami, Florida wanting me to try for 30 days his product called "Septic Savior". It sounded great, but I'm a bit leary of purchasing the product after the 30 day trial. How will I know if it really works or if it's doing my septic system damage?:confused:

SMC, is it a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Smc. Has anyone heard of it? Here is the website: SMC Has anyone tried it? How's it work?

Could this be a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Im usually pretty good at recognizing a scam, but can this be a scam or no? Notice they want to use Paypal, how secure is paypal and such? Many thanks for the message.I may not be able to come and pick the item up by myself and pay in cash,because am not in state presently to complete this...

Is it a scam? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it a scam when lvl 3 nubs on rs say like "buying d wc axe 4.3m OR d legs 3.8m" and all dif. Types of weps and armor for a higher price? And if it is a scam... how is it a scam?? :confused:

View more questions Search