Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelkiss5781 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 11:12 AM
    A darker blonde?
    Well, well well! I should know better than to take my hair into my own hands. I guess we all need a humbling reminder every now and then! I was following the new presidents advice and agreed that it was time for change. I dyed my pretty champagne blond hair to a light auburn (spiced Tea). It was a temp dye. I, nor my 8 yr old liked it very much, so I tried washing powder to get the dye out. It faded some, took the shock value down a notch. I then used the Color removal kit, which seemed to only turn my hair bright orange. (thank goodness my fiance's football colors have orange in it! Today I used the Color Oops! It worked great! The problem though is that because of the removal kit I used previously my hair is a too light of a blond for me. Is it safe to dye it the color I usually use? Or will it just make my hair even lighter? Both of the kits (removal and color oops) say that it is safe to dye your hair afterwords. I guess I just need affirmation from someone.

Thanks,
    Natalie

P.S.
    My wedding is in April, so I really need some good advice
    so I can fix it now.
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Jan 25, 2009, 12:47 PM
    You should be able to dye your hair again using what you normally used. It may or may not be a little lighter than it used to be, but even if it is, it will soon fade. It's also possible that it won't hold color as well, but that's another problem.

Hair doesn't "get better" and damage isn't repaired with time. Scalp oils will condition the hair somewhat, and make it feel less dry, but it's still damaged. If the removers that you used are what I think they are, you'll not have any problems. There are some color removers (Effasol) that are simply bleaches. They really do a number on the hair and if you used that, I'd suggest you only use demi-permanents to color it.

Good luck,
    angelkiss5781 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rwinterton View Post
    You should be able to dye your hair again using what you normally used. It may or may not be a little lighter than it used to be, but even if it is, it will soon fade. It's also possible that it won't hold color as well, but that's another problem.

Hair doesn't "get better" and damage isn't repaired with time. Scalp oils will condition the hair somewhat, and make it feel less dry, but it's still damaged. If the removers that you used are what I think they are, you'll not have any problems. There are some color removers (Effasol) that are simply bleaches. They really do a number on the hair and if you used that, I'd suggest you only use demi-permanents to color it.

Good luck,
    Thank you! I don't think they were bleaches, my hair feels normal, but I will go get a deep conditioning treatment just in case.

Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

How do you blend dark blonde roots with bleached blonde hair? [ 4 Answers ]

My hair is naturally medium/dark blonde. I've recently gone gwen-stefani platinum blonde and had toner put in to bring the color down to a more natural color. My roots have grown out for about 5 months now and so are really really noticeable. I Don't want to touch up my roots to match the bottom...

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Trying to dy blonde hair to a darker color [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I am sick of being blonde so I am going to dye my hair dark. My brows are dark my hair is blonde is it okay to dye my hair the color of my eye brows? I am going for an emo look any advice

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

View more questions Search