Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brad platt Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 09:10 AM
    When do I stop paying
    It starts I paid 850.00 for just top plate they didn't fit VERY LOOSE the denist told me they needed to be relined after 3 months did that another 200.00 then about two months later they are falling out again he put a soft liner in they fit nice but it's a temporary liner its starting to lift now he tells me another liner is needed and another 250.00 should I still be paying is this normal or should this be free PLEASE HELP
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 09:41 AM

It should be what ever the agreement was when you first started and decided on a price.
    If you did ot set up an exact cost and what it includes they are free to bill you as they wish.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 10:03 AM
    That's a lot of money for dentures that don't fit.

I would phone him and ask him about it. Just tell him honestly what you've said here, and that you are not happy with all the additional expenses.

Then I'd hit the yellow pages and call other dentists/denturists and make a general enquiry as to what to expect with new dentures, and see if what your current dentist is doing and charging for, seems reasonable.

If you are facing even more expensive repairs, it might be a good idea to shop around before you fork over more money.

Maybe even take them to another dentist for a consult, and see what they say.

The very least I'd do is ask him on your next visit, when you can expect that the dentures will fit properly, and the repairs will stop.

I am not a dentist, nor am I a lawyer, however, I've had family members with dentures for as long as I can remember, and have never heard of a situation like yours, as being par for the course.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 04:52 PM

Hi Brad,

Did you have teeth removed just before the denture was placed? Here in Ontario the first reline is usually included when an immediate denture is placed as the tissues will shrink as they heal.
    If you can't get anywhere with the dentist I'd ask for your money back. Be sure you have recorded the dates and costs for all your visits. You can contact the state dental licensing organization and file a complaint. It sounds like you have a good case and the dentist should be ordered to refund you what you've paid.
    Many people have excellent dentures made by denturists and they generally charge less than a dentist.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stop paying child suppot [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if I give up my rights to a child do I have to continue paying child support

How to prove child is emancipated,so I can stop paying child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old child who graduated in june08.I was told by judge because of new (mass.)law I have to prove she's emancipated, in order to stop child support.She supposedly lives with her mom .doesnt go to school.I can't find any info,because she's 18(privacy laws).On court order it says I...

Paying for a car [ 4 Answers ]

Does "paying cash" for a car mean walking in with actual cash, writing a bank check or coming back with a certified check ? What does the dealer expect you to bring if you say you are "paying cash"?

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

My ex husband wants to stop paying child support [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I live in New York state. My husband and I split 12 years ago when my daughter was 6. They recently had a break down in their relationship (she's upset because he's moving to North Carolina with his girlfriend), and he's decided to take me to court to...

View more questions Search