Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thanos666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 08:52 PM
    I'm willing to wait
    Ok so Instead of an answer I have a similar situation. Yes there is an ENORMOUS developmental difference between myself (25) and the girl I am currently interested in (16), but! I am aware of this difference and questioning having some sort of long distance relationship until she is 18 and we can be together in some sort of real sense. Is that wrong? She is sweet, kind, and beautiful and we share MANY of the same loves in life. So as long as you respect the boundries of the law and wait till both parties involved are of age is it wrong to be "in a relationship" without any physical aspects? And for the record I don't usually like "young" women. Ive knoiwn her since she was 14 and she is just to amazing to pass by :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2009, 09:10 AM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

First, I think you need to examine why you are interested in someone in that age bracket considering yours.

Second, you say nothing of whether she has indicated she returns your affections.

So, I would maintain a casual conversational online relationship until she is 18. At that point and only at that point, should you brach the idea of a more romantic relationship. You should not be asking her to wait for you. If its meant to be, then it will happen.
    Fizzy Burst Posts: 34, Reputation: 6

Jan 25, 2009, 09:46 AM

I would honestly find someone else. There does come a point when age makes a difference. You're 25 and probably have an idea of what you want you're life to look like in 5 years. With her being 16, so much changes in thinking, morals, and values in 5 years. She is just going to be figuring out who she is. What she wants now, is not going to be the same 5 years from now when you're 30 and she's 21. She has a lot of growing up to do. Chances are that if she's saying how much she likes you and everything, it is because she get to say that she is with an older guy. Remember you're perceptions of what's going on are going to be a lot different. While you may know that there is no relationship right now, in her teenage head she is going to start to think that she has a 25 year old boyfriend. BE CAREFUL, it may be clear to you that nothing is going on, but just the littlest sign of affection can be misleading to a 16 year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I just end it now or wait it out? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been with my man for almost 4 years now and love him to death. :o I have mentioned to him on many occasions that I want to get engaged and have a family. We bought a house together nearly 2 years ago now so we are really committed in that sense. Today I said to him if we won the lotto I'd...

Should I wait? [ 14 Answers ]

Ok I got saved and evrything and I have my ex boyfriend and I really want to have sex with him but on the other hand I want to wait until I'm married. But sometimes I get so horny and don't know what to do about it. Please tell me should I wait?:confused:

Should I let go or wait it out? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for the past year after being together for almost 4 years now. He strongly expressed to me living together and getting married later when we first started getting serious within our first year of being together but I was against it. I have been in some...

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

View more questions Search