Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mred Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Jan 25, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Affair with a colleague who's got a girlfriend
    Hi, Im a 28 year old girl who recently met a male colleague 5 years older. He wasn't really my type until my other colleagues began teasing us at work because we seem to be getting really close to each other. We sit next to each other and are really enjoying each other's company. I find myself lately getting attracted to him but the big problem is - he has a girlfriend of 3 years. One time we went out alone and talked about our lives. I could tell that he liked me too. I would ask him about his girlfriend and he would confess that he still goes out with his girlfriend. He knows Im free at the moment and I know in my heart that I could easily fall prey to the special attention that he's giving me. I really like this guy, he's so mature, affectionate, and caring. He asked me to send him sms through a special fone number that's exclusive to us because his girlfriend has access to the fone that he usually uses. I can't believe I would let myself act like a mistress having a secret affair with him. We're enjoying each other a lot. How do I tell if he's really interested in me? I know he has a girlfriend but I don't think he loves his girlfriend that much. Should I continue with our affair? Its somehow interfering with work because he's seated next to me and gets to talk with me everyday.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 09:59 AM

Is he living with the girlfriend, or just dating the girl.

A "special" phone, he either went out and got one, or he has one just to use for girls when he cheats
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 10:35 AM

This is not wise and not right...
    Cheaters are always cheaters...
    Laney0104 Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Jan 25, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Hi,

I think you should wake up and smell the coffee here. This guy spells trouble. Don't be fooled by how he makes you feel. This guy is in a three year relationship and is attempting to blow it on someone he hardly knows. No offence! What does this show about his personality? You are leaving yourself open to hurt here missy!!
    There are plenty of guys out there sweet ones that are unattached that would jump at the chance to make you happy. Maybe it's the trill of wanting what you can't have I think maybe? How would you feel being this other women. It could be you in a few years time with this guy if you let it go further.

You are showing this guy you have lack of standards of you allow him to treat his girlfriend like this. If he cared for you at all he wouldn't be in a relationship
    My advice MOVE ON GIRL!!
    Poseidon934 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2009, 02:10 AM

It's really hard to turn down someone when your heart tells you you want him but your head knows you shouldn't.

This guy is pumping you full of positive emotions that are messing with your decision making. While it is a fun and exciting situation, you should probably avoid it as much as possible by not seeing this guy outside of work.

Don't tempt yourself.

If he really is not happy in his relationship than he will eventually get out and then you can explore your feelings for him more deeply.

Don't be the other girl!
    Aphrodite77 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 07:51 PM
    The way I see it.. he's not married.. so he's single... just because a relationship has been dragging on forever doesn't mean it's a perfect one... so.. go powder your nose and charm him.. get him to like you for who you are and all that emotional stuff.. because you guys seem to have a connection... that means he's not looking for some mistress... so.. get him emotionally involved (however not physically) and then he might end up breaking up with his currect girlfriend oh so unconsciously during the next fight they have.. patience.. be friends for now.. don't demand anything.. just let it happen :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes an affair an affair or what classifies as infidelity [ 13 Answers ]

What makes an affair or what classifies as infidelity

Fraudlent Colleague [ 9 Answers ]

I just discovered that my "know it all" co-worker is a liar and a fraud! He has forged university degree to get the current job which is a systems' analyst at a Telecommunications company. I discovered this because one of his former university colleagues asked me if worked together? And I told him...

Work colleague relationship/dating? [ 4 Answers ]

Fairly typical scenario in the holiday season this one!! Work xmas party, everyone has lots of alcohol, good time. There is a new colleague there. She has only been at the office a couple of weeks. We get sat next to each other at the meal (50ish people), have a laugh, mild flirting, nothing...

My colleague acts like a spoilt child [ 2 Answers ]

I work in a team of 7 employees and 1 manager and we are split into 2 different offices, 5 of us in one office, 2 in the other, and our manager divides his time between both offices. One of my colleagues (she works in the other office) is very difficult to work with. Ever since she was hired, she...

Married man, girlfriend and colleague, but she is now... [ 64 Answers ]

I am 34, married. I love my wife, but I don't get enough from her As some husbands do... My girlfriend is 24, being my student at the university, my girlfriend and my closest colleague for the last 2.5 years. We both worked for a government organization, and we established A private...

View more questions Search