Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Sample ad...

I've put ficticious locations in your ad.

Title to possibly use: Smith, Florida Computer Repair, Smith County, Florida

Computer repair service offering services in and around the vicinity of Smith, Florida. Over twenty years experience.

Some of the services that we offer include:

• New PC Setup
    • “Bloatware” Cleanup
    • Performance Optimization
    • OS Security Analysis and Lockdown
    • Printer / Scanner / Fax Setup
    • Home / Office Networking Set Up
    • Existing Network Security Analysis / Lockdown
    • Data Backups
    • Pc / Laptop Repair*
    • Operating System Cleanup
    • Virus / Spyware / Adware Cleanup
    • Operating System Reloads
    • Component Upgrades
    • New Software Installation/Configuration
    • Data Recovery Services

Most people never get their PC/Laptop fixed because they think it will be too expensive. We can normally fix 80% of issues for $50.00!* Compare our prices to Geek Squad, Fire Dog and Independent Micro. We will save you money!

*$50.00 fee for the first 2 hours of diagnostic / repair work. $50.00 minimum charge. We can fix 80% of problems within this time frame! Operating system reloads/extensive repairs /specialty services are additional.

Free phone consultation. Some of your problems might be able to be fixed over the phone!

Please call or email [Your Name] at [Contact numbers and email address or addresses]

Please visit our website at: [Link to Website]

Keywords: Computer repair services in Florida, Smith Florida computer repairing service, computers for sale in Smith Florida, Expert computer laptop repair, Computer upgrades, rebuilding an old computer, data recovery, computer repair and support, small business IT help in and around the [location], computer laptop repair, computer geeks, I need to get my computer fixed, electronic repair service in Smith Florida, repairing and rebuilding computers in Smith Florida, Jackson County Florida, Jason Florida, computer testing, diagnostics of computers, computer tune-ups, trouble-shooting, utilities, computer hardware and software, computer virus repair, utilities for computers, best computer repair service, [any town, city or location that you might feel to be relevant.]

Area codes: 786, 132, 354, 478, 786, 987, 948

Zip Codes: 19872, 39873, 47887, 98732
    Got to "spread it around Clough... but this was made easy to understand by your post, great job. I too learned some things here... thanks.

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 11:06 PM

Hi, JJCH!

I hope that you're doing well! :)

Now, would you please list some other keywords that we might use in ads for you? I can think of plenty for the disciplines in which I'm involved, but computer repair isn't one of my strongest disciplines.

Single words and not sentences would be best. I can take it from there...

Words like what you already see that I've placed in your ad. Words that can be singular or plural; have an "ed" or "ing" on the end.

It's best to place keywords in ads and also in the tags of a website in a number of different ways.

For instance: compute, computes, computer, computing, etc.

I think that you get my drift...

A search engine like Google won't pick up on identical, repeated words. However, using identical, repeated words is great for a search engine like Yahoo Search. The more repeated words for that search engine to grab, then the more likely you'll come up toward the top of the list on Yahoo Search.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2009, 11:06 PM

Hi, JJCH!

I hope that you're doing well! :)

Now, would you please list some other keywords that we might use in ads for you? I can think of plenty for the disciplines in which I'm involved, but computer repair isn't one of my strongest disciplines.

Single words and not sentences would be best. I can take it from there...

Words like what you already see that I've placed in your ad. Words that can be singular or plural; have an "ed" or "ing" on the end.

It's best to place keywords in ads and also in the tags of a website in a number of different ways.

For instance: compute, computes, computer, computing, etc.

I think that you get my drift...

A search engine like Google won't pick up on identical, repeated words. However, using identical, repeated words is great for a search engine like Yahoo Search. The more repeated words for that search engine to grab, then the more likely you'll come up toward the top of the list on Yahoo Search.

Thanks!
    JJCH Posts: 122, Reputation: 7

Jan 26, 2009, 10:37 AM

Hey buddy... Just got back from my interview, I'll write about that in my other thread.. as for keywords... how about these...

Crashed
    Crash
    virus
    Spyware
    Removal
    Disposal
    Repair
    Repaired
    Locked up
    Freezed up
    Freeze
    Tower
    Desktop
    Laptop
    Netbook
    Pda
    Blackberry
    Windows
    Linux
    Dell
    Hp
    Compaq
    Acer
    Reload
    Reloaded
    Back up
    Backed up
    Recovery
    Recovered
    Restoration
    Reformat
    Networking
    Networked
    Wireless
    Wired
    Remote access
    Vpn
    Cyber
    Security
    Secured
    Access control
    Remote administration
    Administration
    Child safety
    Installs
    Upgrades
    Training
    Education
    Data purging
    Disposal
    Cabling
    Set up
    Tear down
    Refurbish
    Rebuild
    Web
    Website
    Web design
    Program
    Programming
    Database
    Databases
    Asset
    Management
    Peripherals
    Upgrades
    Ram
    Memory
    Hard drive
    Ethernet
    Internet
    Support

That's all I can think of for right now, lol. I'll try to come up with more for you if you want... again thank you for your help! I appreciate it so much!
    Business Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 11:14 AM

Clough... you should be able to work wonders with this list buddy.

Jan 26, 2009, 06:17 PM

I hope so!
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 10:39 PM

Wow! That's quite a list, JJCH!

I haven't been on here all that long and was just checking in. Have to go for a short while and then will return. I will work on what you have as far as incorporating it into your ad.

Would really like to get something on Hoobly.com tonight, if you have the time.

The reason that I wanted you to wait in order to post an ad on that particular site was because the results are so astounding in so short a period, if things are worded just the right way.

I bet that we can get you first in searches on Google and beating all of the competition in your state as far as advertising is concerned. If not first, then definitely near the top of the first page.

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2009, 10:52 PM

That is fantastic! You're giving me hope I haven't had in along time! Thank You! I'll be up for awhile tonight, I'll check back often...
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2009, 11:29 PM

I'm back! Sorry that it took so long... Only meant to be out for about 10 to 15 minutes and then a friend called who needed help when I got home.

Now, I just need a few minutes to re-work your ad and to check out how the competition is fairing around where you are.

Ok?

Jan 26, 2009, 11:32 PM

Sounds good!
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 12:27 AM
    Okay, I've reworked your ad. Before I post it though, I'd like for you to open up a couple other browsers and click on the following searches. Here [Other links edited out because I couldn't get them to work.]
    Just let me know when you've clicked on the searches.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 12:40 AM

Okay, I blew it and might try to fix the problem later. The important thing is to move forward and to make some progress.

When you click on the link, the first thing that you should see are those places whereby most of them are in the Yellow Pages of the phone book.

Is that what you see?

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2009, 12:45 AM

Yes that's what I have, places near me that show up in phone listings... correct.

EDIT

I am concerened that all the search results show (814) area codes... the area code here is 724 ?

Jan 27, 2009, 12:51 AM

Ahhh I figured it out... there is another hopwell, PA that is near central PA... Try the 15001 zipcode... Aliquippa, PA... that will put us where we need to be...
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 01:00 AM

The point I'm trying to make is that there is going to be a lot of competition showing up in the first search that I tried.

Now, to that same search, please ad the only the word County.

Sorry, it's taking me so long now here. Besides battling my slow Internet connection, I've had to do some moderating in another area of the site.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 01:02 AM
    I tried the other search using the name of the city that you provided.

Jan 27, 2009, 01:03 AM

OK did that...
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 01:17 AM
    Okay, now please add the name of your county before the word county.
    Thanks!

Pssst... (whisper) by the way, stringer's looking at us! :D

Jan 27, 2009, 01:20 AM

*whispers* okay, my search box now reads:
    "Beaver County Aliquippa, PA Computer Repair"
    Business Expert

Jan 27, 2009, 01:20 AM

Don't mean to interrupt Craig, sorry...

JJCH, hi, I am from that area, born in Greensburg, Pa, lived for a long time near Jeannette... south east of Pittsburgh.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer networking [ 1 Answers ]

What is the function of data link layer in the ISO OSI layer?

Networking a printer to another computer [ 5 Answers ]

Ok I am going to start with the back ground of my issue before I ask the actual question. I have a computer that has XP and is connected to the main printer. I have another computer that is running 2000 and is the host for the wireless internet. My XP computer recently crashed in a big way. I...

Truck Repair Services [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1988 Dodge Dakota. The brake light and signal do not work. I have change all bulbs and fuses and it still does not work. The taillight and head light do work only the Brake lights and signals do not work. What is a girl to do?? Does anyone have any ideas?? Suzi

Computer networking [ 3 Answers ]

How do I connect two computers via ethernet for file sharing?

Computer Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Hello People. I have a problem where I have a speed touch modem and a belkin wireless g router. As its not got a wireless card in PC I used an rj45 to the back and it works wonderful. As you know its designed for wireless and I want to be able to connect my laptop via wireless internet connections....

View more questions Search