Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpryslopski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 01:05 AM
    W2 Forms
    Hi I am Brent. I did not file my 2007 taxes and need to. I am having trouble obtaining my W-2's.:confused: Is there a place to obtain your W-2's online? I would appreciate anyones' help.
    Sincerely,
    Brent
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jan 25, 2009, 02:12 AM

You need to contact the company that issued the W-2 in the first place. They should issue you a new one but if they give you trouble offer to pay for the postage and supplies...
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 07:37 AM

First try to get from your employer. For other options, read Your U.S. Tax Return: How to Get Missing Forms W-2 and 1099
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 10:21 AM
    If the employer will not cooperate, try 1-800-829-1040 and get a copy of your 2007 tax transcript.

The W-2 information for the FEDERAL tax return will be on that transcript, and you can file the federal return using that information.

You should also call the STATE tax authorities to see if they can send you their version of the tax transcript so you have the STATE tax withholding (the federal transcript will NOT have what was withheld for the state).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two w2 forms? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I changed status from F1 to H1b (h1b started oct 2005) and I know now that I can file 1040NREZ and 8843. I received a W2 from my university for one pay check that I got in January 2005 and I have a w2 from my current employer as well for the paychecks during rest of 2005. How do I...

Which Tax Forms to use for NY and NJ [ 1 Answers ]

I worked and lived in NY for 8 months and worked and lived in NJ for 4 months; which state income tax forms do I need to fill out?

Opt -> h1b forms [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US in aug. 2005 on f1. I was on opt from jan 2007- sep 2007. From oct 1, 2007 I am on h1b. My questions are 1) what forms do I need to fill ? 2) the social security and medicare tax deductions started after I changed to h1b (they were first deducted during my opt but...

H1B - 2 W2 forms. [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my job in October 2005 and received W2 from both, my new as well as old employer. I have been in US for more than 2 years now and as per the definition of "Resident" based on "Presence Test" I qualify to be a resident of USA. My question is, filing my tax return will be as simple as going...

No W2 forms [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can file a state tax return without w2 forms I sent a 4506 form to IRS requesting copies. They sent my check back and said this info was unavailable due to 7 years had past and they no longer have these records. I lost all personal papers in a tornado. I can't remember all...

View more questions Search