Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morrell Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2009, 12:25 AM
    Wedding cake
    I am making my brother and his future wife a wedding cake and it wll be the Cinderella carriage and then a base. They want to keep the carriage for display purposes. What cake recipe will be best for this, as I am aware if it is fruit cake it will keep because of the alcohol content. But is there another cake recipe any one knows of that is not a fruit cake but has alcohol in it so it will keep. It will be covered with Fondant.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2009, 12:29 AM

I suggest you go to Martha Stewarts web site. She is the best when it comes to cakes.And Bravo for you giving your new sister such a heartfelt gift!

Recipes, Cooking Tips, Home Decorating Ideas, Crafts, Gardening, Food and Dessert Recipes, and Entertaining from Martha Stewart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

My fiancŽ called off the wedding just the day before the Wedding [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I dated my Ex-( not used to say that yet) Fiancé for about 3 years. He always had issue with making decisions( any) and commitment( something in his childhood) but he knew clearly that I wanted marriage. When I brought up the topic, he freaked out and we had a lot of arguments over it as I...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Bi-cultural wedding/wedding tips in general [ 2 Answers ]

The couple: taiwanese, vietnamese, born and raised in America (both still very cultured, first generation) Or any other type of bi-cultural wedding. Family that can't fly here? Friends? Alcohol? Bride's family pays? Groom's family attending? Hotel?

Wedding Cake Roses [ 2 Answers ]

I'm making my own wedding cake and have only a day to do it in... long story. Anyway I got the wilton stiff icing for the roses I'm making. I don't know if I need to refrigrate them or let them sit out to dry. Please HELP!! It's called ready to use white decorator icing and it doesn't say either...

View more questions Search