Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Genny89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 10:06 PM
    2001 Ford Windstar Transmission Failure
    My 2001 Ford Windstar with 100,000, was driving fine as I stopped at a traffic light. When light turned green, I put my foot on the gas, and the car would not move in drive or reverse. The engine never stopped running. Mechanic says it needs a whole new transmission. Have you heard of any other types of causes for this sudden failure i.e.. Computer-related problems?
    Majoria Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 04:48 PM
    Been there, done that, and it is very likely that the root cause is internal transmission. Sorry to give you the bad news but most of the scenarios that you are describing are internal transmission. But without diagnosing it, I'm just taking a guess based on experience. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 windstar [ 3 Answers ]

The rear brakes on my van are locking up in the gravel,I replaced the pads last year thinking this would fix the problem but it didn't. I asked a friend and he said to put eas slide on the bolts. I am just asking for a second opinion before I take the wheels back off.thanks todd owens

How do I chang the transmission range sensor on a 98 ford windstar 3.0 L [ 1 Answers ]

How do I chang the transmission range sensor on a 98 ford windstar 3.0 L

Transmission failure on 2001 Ford F-150. [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my pickup since 15,000 miles... haven't had any trans. Problems at all... suddenly on Friday, I noticed that when you took your foot off the accelerator, the trans. Immediately seemed to be trying to downshift into too low a gear. After this,when starting from a dead stop, as you...

2001 ford windstar making noises and hitting/missing [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had my 2nd injector replaced, as well as the spark plugs, but now when I get the van up to 90kms or more I hear a loud noise, the other day sounded like it was popping.

'99 Ford Windstar Transmission Problems [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Here's our situation: Our car is fine after the 20 mph mark if we're on a level road - it's great on the freeway. Below 20 mph, we have a hard time making turns, especially left turns. The only way to get going after stopping at an intersection is by putting the car in D2. If we're...

View more questions Search