Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AncientMYTHLOGY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Two versions of the Myth of Nergal and EreskigaL of the Underworld ?
    In the two versions of the Myth of 'Nergal and EreskigaL'. What happened? In just two accounts there is nothing but confusion. Was Ereskigal killed (almost) or :kissed? In other words, Was she unceremoniously dragged off her throne by the hair or was she passionately and 'boldly' kissed on the mouth? In the other Nergal is characterized where he is brutish, but almost romantic in talk of a kiss. I do not understand the change of heart! From the Internet resources I have noticed each account has been summaries and/or truncated. This has made getting at the motives in each story almost impossible.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jan 30, 2009, 01:16 PM

Most myths have a "classical" version (e.g. Ovid) and an earlier version which ties into pre-historic religions. While the earlier versions are usually wilder, with blood and gore and what not, they sometimes also are less patriarchal. Pandora for instance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underworld 1 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to find a song that was played in the movie Underworld. It was played in the police car scene where Michael was getting ready to shift, and also when the credits are rolling at the end. Thanks

Ultima Underworld series [ 3 Answers ]

I remember playing Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss and Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds when I was younger. Any idea how I can revisit these games? I heard that a group of programers were updating it but not sure if that project is still going on. I doubt the originals will work...

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans Trailer Music? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know what band does the songs on the Underworld: Rise of the Lycans trailer? Here's the site where you can watch the trailer. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies Thanks

Underworld song [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm trying to find a song that was played in the movie Underworld. It was played in the police car scene where Michael was getting ready to shift, and also when the credits are rolling at the end. Thanks

View more questions Search