Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skyfurnance Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 12:17 PM
    Buying a replacement furnace
    I live in a cape cod style home. I currently have a lennox gas furnace
    Which is 18 years old and the electronic ignition is going bad. I have been looking at the following: Lennox (80 percent) Carrier, and Goodman. I only plan to stay in the home for 3 to 5 yrs. More. The house is 52 yrs. Old. Other than price is there a big difference in the three companies and if so what would be the best product for me. I live in the state of Maryland and winter temperatures can drop very low at times.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skyfurnance
    I live in a cape cod style home. I currently have a lennox gas furnace
    which is 18 years old and the electronic ignition is going bad.
    I have been looking at the following: Lennox (80 percent) Carrier, and Goodman.
    I only plan to stay in the home for 3 to 5 yrs. more. The house is 52 yrs. old.
    Other than price is there a big difference in the three companies and if
    so what would be the best product for me. I live in the state of Maryland
    and winter temperatures can drop very low at times.

In my opinion goodman would be the most economical choice
    For you at this time.
    Carrier and lennox being top of the line would be more costly ,
    But would have a longer life, while goodman initially cost less and
    Would fit into your time frame, dose not have the long life span of
    The higher dollar units.

Any of the units mentioned would be sized to meet your heating needs
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2006, 12:25 PM
    You won't find a big difference between the companies at all. Comparing features for features and efficiency for efficiency they're all very comparable.

80% efficiency is on the low end by today's standards, though. Is that what someone has recommended for you?
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Aug 3, 2006, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    You won't find a big difference between the companies at all. Comparing features for features and efficiency for efficiency they're all very comparable.

80% efficiency is on the low end by today's standards, though. Is that what someone has recommended for you?

Sorry rick I made no mention of efficiencies,but the goodman equipment is not in my opinion built to last like most other brands,

That's why its so cheap to buy, at any efficiency.

It will do the job for him for the time he needs it,

Why pay extra for a better system if your not going to live there to get all the benefits
    detroitdiesel Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2006, 03:43 AM
    Might add that GIBSON is a very good brand in both price and efficiency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace runs two cycles [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace is approx. 30 years old. The furnace will run one cycle, shut off and approx. 15 seconds later run again for a shorter period. Everything is working properly, heating correctly etc. but runs two cycles. Any thoughts on why?

Furnace blower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older home with a older furnace. I started it up this fall and the blower continues to run after the house has warmed and the themostat has turned off. The blower runs and runs, blowing cool air. To stop it I have to turn off the main switch to the furnace. What do you think the...

Air/Furnance Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Our air conditioning was working fine until last week. Now after it is on several hours the blower quits running. The air conditioner is still running. I shut the whole system off for an hour or so and the blower on the furnace comes back on. We had the relay switch replaced last winter when...

Furnace making noise when it start (sound like a generator) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello experts, I have a Lennox Signature series furnace which is about 9 years old. Since last window, it make a very loud noise when it start. The noise sounds like a power generator making humming sound. I would to have some idea where to look at before calling technician. Thank you.

Furnace coil blocked? [ 2 Answers ]

Our furnace heater coil is only 5 yrs old. We have little hot water pressure throughout the house. We have been told the coil element in our tankless system is blocked and we need a replacement coil. It is going to cost at least $650. An option is buying a separate water heater for $1600. We are...

View more questions Search