Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    menefee1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Cycles - runs briefly - stops. Cycles - runs briefly - stops.
    Hi everyone. My name is Dennis, and I have an issue with my Bryant furnace. At about 3a.m. this morning, I noticed that my furnace was off. I had a thermostat issue last year and replaced it (Honeywell T87). I thought it may be the same issue and called the supply store. The guy said that if I remove the thermostat and twisted the R and W wires together then the furnace would blow continuosly (indicating a bad thermostat). When I did that, it just cycled on blew briefly then went off - then comes right back on - cycles, runs for a few minutes and back off over and over and over. WHAT DO I DO?!
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 10:50 AM
    Clean flame senser,, look at furnace legand it will show you about where to look for it,, take loose and buff/shine with fine steel wool or veryfine sandpaper,, is simple and let us know if problem persists

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower fan runs and stops runs and stops [ 4 Answers ]

I have a heil system and when it is on Heat or Cool the blower runs for about a min and then stops for a min. And continues running like that. The main system that is outside (condenser I quess its called?) keeps running. It is just the blower in the furnace in the garage. I had a company look at...

Fan runs but compressor cycles off in 1-2 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

I reviewed many posts but didn't see a diagnosis for this issue. I have a split system, forced air gas furnace with ac compressor unit outside. Unit is 5 years old, and outside of warranty. The compressor fan works fine, and cycles on when the thermostat goes to cool. The compressor cycles...

Goodman Heater runs 5 sec, 3 cycles and stops [ 5 Answers ]

I have a goodman forced air furnace and it lights up for 5 secs... shuts down... 3 cycles of this and stops. I cleaned the heat rod with NO success and was just wondering if I should buy a new heat rod (where if so) or may it be another issue? THanks David

Blower Set to "Continuous Run" turns off Briefly when Compressor Cycles [ 4 Answers ]

We have two AC units/zones servicing our house... We have both systems set (at the thermostat) to continuously run the blowers even if the compressor has cycled off. The blower on one unit, however, cycles off briefly for about 2 seconds when the air conditioner compressor turns off, despite...

Gas furnace runs two cycles [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace is approx. 30 years old. The furnace will run one cycle, shut off and approx. 15 seconds later run again for a shorter period. Everything is working properly, heating correctly etc. but runs two cycles. Any thoughts on why?

View more questions Search