Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Jan 24, 2009, 08:19 AM
    Sealing Laminate flooring
    In a few months I will be having laminate flooring put into most of my house. Including the kitchen. This will be the first time for me. I'm used to hardwood floors. Before all the furniture goes back in could put a sealer on it, like polyurethane, to fill in the cracks. Just in case of water problems. Like wet dogs, puppy puddles, and spills in the kitchen?

I would like to take some extra time now than a lot more time and money later.

Perry
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Jan 24, 2009, 10:13 AM

I don't recommend using a sealer on a laminate floor. If this is the snap lock floating floor system you can actually glue the pieces together as they are put in. They make a special glue for this but I would think any good quality wood glue will work I like tite bond II. If Im not thinking of the correct type of floor let me know. If you have any questions post back and let us know. GOOD LUCK, AC
    EPMiller Posts: 624, Reputation: 37

Jan 25, 2009, 08:01 PM

There is no sealer made to do what you are asking. Buy a good grade of floor and keep after it. Or install vinyl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I have laminate wood flooring in my kitchen. One of my children spilled something on the floor and neglected to clean it up. When I noticed it, it had already buckled. Is there any home fix-it I can try to correct this. I cannot afford to have it repaired and would appreciate any help.

Laminate flooring [ 2 Answers ]

Our floor is laminate. Just got it put down last week. The cat vomited on it sometime this morning and when we cleaned it up, the floor at the seam had swollen (about 3 to 4 inches). I am drying it with a fan right now. Will that go down or is the floor ruined?

Laminate Flooring [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a difference between buckling and cupping and what causes both.

Laminate Flooring [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I bought some laminate flooring and after about 5-6 months it seems like one area of the floor has air underneath it. We left a .25 inch space around the whole livingroom but we still have a huge problem. What can we do to fix this. It seems like one section of the flooring looks...

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search