Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmoore545 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 07:48 AM
    I am a first tie home buyer
    I have a realtor who doesn't seem to have time for me. I placed an offe on a home and they requested some things in return. I provided those things and now my realtor in't returning my calls. Is there a way I can find out about the offer without her?

Kristn Moore
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2009, 10:32 AM

Welcome to AMHD. Just the usual things: ask for the supervisor, go sit in the office until you get help...

Jan 24, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    Welcome to AMHD. Just the usual things: ask for the supervisor, go sit in the office until you get help...
    Okay, Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2009, 11:07 AM

Do YOU have a realtor or did you just go to a realtor and ask to see listings? If you just asked to see listings, then you DO NOT have a realtor, you are dealing with the seller's realtor. Unless this person was hired as a buyer's agent, then he represents the seller not you. So there may be another offer out there which is why they may be stringing you along.

As a first time buyer you need to understand who is rerpesenting who. You should retain a real estate attorney to review any contracts or other documents you are asked to sign.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 11:26 AM

Yes, are you paying for a buyers agent, a agent that is working for you,

If you just called the name on the sign, they are the agent working for the seller and does not have your interest at mind.

But a agent works for a Broker, and if a agent is not providing you proper service, contact the broker directly.
    Adam Jacobson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Call the office manager. He/she will get it done for you. Good luck.

Jan 25, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Do YOU have a realtor or did you just go to a realtor and ask to see listings? If you just asked to see listings, then you DO NOT have a realtor, you are dealing with the seller's realtor. Unless this person was hired as a buyer's agent, then he represents the seller not you. So there may be another offer out there which is why they may be stringing you along.

As a first time buyer you need to understand who is rerpesenting who. You should retain a real estate attorney to review any contracts or other documents you are asked to sign.

The realtor is my realtor. She represents me and we signed a form saying this. I also have my own lender as well. But she did change her voicemail over the weekend to state that she is sick and won't be returning any calls till Monday.

KM<

Jan 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jacobson View Post
    Call the office manager. He/she will get it done for you. Good luck.

Apparently she is sick so I guess I just wait till Monday when she says she will be able to return calls. Must just be the way it works I guess. Thanks,
    KM>
    Leatha Manning Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 10:59 PM

A real estate agent, by law, owes a fiduciary responsibility to whomever he/she represents (just like an attorney owes a fiduciary responsibility to his/her client). They are licensed to "practice" real estate in much the same way an attorney is licensed to practice law. In the case of an attorney, they answer to their state bar, in the case of a real estate agent or broker, they answer their state's real estate commission. Whenever, you feel you are not being treated professionally especially to the extent that the real estate transaction in which you are involved is being jeopardized, first go to the Real Estate Agent's Broker with a complaint; should that not prove satisfactory, you can submit your complaint to the state's Real Estate Commission. The Real Estate Commission is there to protect the public.

Best Regards,

Leatha Manning
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 05:47 AM

If you are unhappy with your agent fire him/her. Our agent would go weeks without talking to us while we had a short sale offer in. It would take 3 days or more to get an email or call returned.

So we found a new agent and fired the first one. We then turned around and got a fully signed offer 2 days later. Our new agent made a quick 9 grand and our old agent made nothing.
    Leatha Manning Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetcg View Post
    If you are unhappy with your agent fire him/her. Our agent would go weeks without talking to us while we had a short sale offer in. It would take 3 days or more to get an email or call returned.

So we found a new agent and fired the first one. We then turned around and got a fully signed offer 2 days later. Our new agent made a quick 9 grand and our old agent made nothing.
    You're right. Firing the agent is always the preferred option. I was particularly noting options when a transaction was pending, i.e. an offer was already submitted, but no one was following up in terms of the status (is the offer accepted, countered--is the seller or buyer stalling, things of that nature). Once an agent's name is on a contract that has been "accepted," firing is no longer an option no matter how poorly the agent is performing. Your only option is to report him/her to the real estate commission of that particular state.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatha Manning View Post
    You're right. Firing the agent is always the preferred option. I was particulary noting options when a transaction was pending, i.e. an offer was already submitted, but no one was following up in terms of the status (is the offer accepted, countered--is the seller or buyer stalling, things of that nature). Once an agent's name is on a contract that has been "accepted," firing is no longer an option no matter how poorly the agent is performing. Your only option is to report him/her to the real estate commission of that particular state.
    True - but unless that guy's name is on the door, he has a boss. I called my guy's boss once and got a call back from the agent in about 2 minutes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home buyer [ 9 Answers ]

Does the buyer have to have funds immediately available upon signature at closing and what if they do not. Thank You

First time home buyer [ 1 Answers ]

I have bad credit and never owen a home what are my chances?

First time self employed home buyer ( Ha I KNOW!) [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, long story short... 25 years old, self employed filling second year w2s for the business this week. Anyhow since the business is new profits are low. Although I can afford the mortgage for which I am applying... I am applying with my girlfriend, who's credit is decent about 680 or so.....

First Time Home Buyer [ 4 Answers ]

Can you help me buy the house I live in from my parents. I moved into my Grandmothers home with my children after a divorce. My Grandmother has passed away since, and the house is in my Mother and my Aunts name and I pay them rent. I have visited this subject with them and they want to help me out,...

First Time Home Buyer [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking into buying a home for the first time and I'm not really sure how the first time home buyers program works. If you have poor credit (550) are you still eligible for the first time home buyers program or is that score too low to get a mortgage anywhere??

View more questions Search