Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mickeythecat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 04:08 AM
    S.M.A.R.T Objectives
    How do you set learning objectives which are S.M.A.R.T?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 04:56 AM

Hi, mickeythecat!

It would help us to know what is meant by S.M.A.R.T. in order to answer your question the best.

Thanks!
    mickeythecat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 05:12 AM
    HI
    Thanks for replying, I am doing a NVQ 2 in Team Leading, and by SMART Objectives, I mean
    Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-Bound.

Thank you so much
    I work in the retail industry.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 05:34 AM

Then I would think it might concern some of the following:

Specific - Specifics concerning the products that people are trying to sell. Could be about selling the products based upon a certain area or population in a given area. Goal setting toward specific marketing and selling objectives.

Measurable - The time frame in which products can be sold. That which can be measured in all ways and factors involved in the marketing, selling and distribution of the products.

Achievable - That which is known to sell well within a certain time frame. Realistic goals need to be set based upon past experience as well as marketing strategies as well as tailoring the products that will be sold depending on the population to which the product is marketed.

Realistic - Those items that you know will sell, given a realistic perspective based upon that which is known in the past to be successful at being marketed and sold. Basing your purchasing, marketing and selling on what you know that you can sell so that you don't over-purchase inventory based upon unrealistic goals.

Time-Bound - The marketing, selling and distribution of products that you know will only be marketable in a certain amount of time, perhaps for only a season or because of market trends as far as what people are most likely to purchase during a specific, given time frame.

Just some random thoughts... Might be okay, might not. Just thought that I would give it a shot.

What I posted might give you some helpful ideas, though. I hope that it does!

Thanks!
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Jan 30, 2009, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Then I would think it might concern some of the following:

Specific - Specifics concerning the products that people are trying to sell. Could be about selling the products based upon a certain area or population in a given area. Goal setting toward specific marketing and selling objectives.

Measurable - The time frame in which products can be sold. That which can be measured in all ways and factors involved in the marketing, selling and distribution of the products.

Achievable - That which is known to sell well within a certain time frame. Realistic goals need to be set based upon past experience as well as marketing strategies as well as tailoring the products that will be sold depending on the population to which the product is marketed.

Realistic - Those items that you know will sell, given a realistic perspective based upon that which is known in the past to be successful at being marketed and sold. Basing your purchasing, marketing and selling on what you know that you can sell so that you don't over-purchase inventory based upon unrealistic goals.

Time-Bound - The marketing, selling and distribution of products that you know will only be marketable in a certain amount of time, perhaps for only a season or because of market trends as far as what people are most likely to purchase during a specific, given time frame.

Just some random thoughts... Might be okay, might not. Just thought that I would give it a shot.

What I posted might give you some helpful ideas, though. I hope that it does!

Thanks!
    SMART is all about the goals you set for your employees as a manager. The goals should follow the SMART acronym which I think is pretty self explanatory. But if you have more questions let me know...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career Objectives [ 3 Answers ]

Career Objectives/ Other Relevant Information/ Remarks (Provide min 10-30 lines) So what should I answer for this

Career objectives [ 4 Answers ]

What does one write as the career objective in a resume assumming we are looking for a job in the aviation industry , what does one project in this objective

The objectives of a firm [ 1 Answers ]

Between the concept of wealth maximization and profit maximization, which one is superior to the other and why?

User objectives [ 1 Answers ]

Let's say I just took a huge loan from a bank, and I determined they were my most important user. When making my financial statements, I choose to maximize income (within the limits of GAAP). Why would this serve to be useful if I show these statements to the bank?

View more questions Search