Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephen19690_2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 12:52 AM
    Why does milk cost less
    OK I live in canada and pay $6.25 for milk now if I cross into ny state can buy it for under $3.00 why is that same milk 3.25% is there a reason why
    Ambersmoke Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Feb 1, 2009, 09:13 PM

I know that in NY state and other states there is som thing known as a "price cap" on food groups such as milk, juce, peanut butter and dry beans so poorer people can afford to buy them. It like the opposite of taxes. The government subsidizes milk by paying farmers the difference between what they sell the milk for and what it would/might fetch on a totally free market. The price in Canada probably is the true cost, though I'm not sure.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 09:24 PM

And why does the cost of my prescription cost 3 times as much in the US, and they make it illegal for me to order it from Canada.

But there are price controls on milk, farmers in the US are even paid not to own milk cows, my ex sister in law, and her husband were paid for years to sell all of their cows and to close their dairy,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of end. Inv. And cost of goods sold under average cost [ 1 Answers ]

It's me again! I have another question to the same problem. In case someone else responds, I'll post the problem again. June 1 inv20051000 June 12 purch.30061800 June 23 purch. 50073500 June 30 inv. I need to compute the cost of the ending inventory and the cost of goods sold using the...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search