Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcfernandezjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 12:46 AM
    Using Weighted Means in a Likert Scale Questionnaire
    Is it correct and appropriate to use the weighted mean as an statistical data analysis when you have a questionnaire that is in likert scale? The questionnaire is all about students' perception and we use the likert scale (1,2,3,4 and 5 ) to obtain a precise level of agreement/disagreement. Can I use the weighted mean to summarize the result of my data?
    My next question would be, in comparing this students' level of perception with their academic course, age and income, can I use chi square test using the obtained weighted means (above) and the age group?
    VPAD Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Is it correct and appropriate to use the weighted mean as an statistical data analysis when you have a questionnaire that is in likert scale? The questionnaire is all about students' perception and we use the likert scale (1,2,3,4 and 5 ) to obtain a precise level of agreement/disagreement. Can I use the weighted mean to summarize the result of my data?
    My next question would be, in comparing this students' level of perception with their academic course, age and income, can I use chi square test using the obtained weighted means (above) and the age group?
    Carol Cristobal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 10:06 PM
    How to compute the weighted mean?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you construct a Likert Scale [ 3 Answers ]

What are the steps in constructing a likert scale

Likert Scale Survey [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to show correlation between a predictor and response variable using a likert scale survey instrument. What statistical measures can be used for one population, one sample, and only those two variables? Can Pearson Product moment, correlational analysis, or regression analysis be used?...

Likert scale [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an action research experiment with one grade 5 class as the experimental group and the other grade 5 class as the control group. My dependent variable is performance and my independent variable is new program. I cannot randomly assign the students to either group as they are already in...

Validity of likert scale [ 2 Answers ]

I am constructing a likert scale. How could I know about its validity

View more questions Search