Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colin14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Government Bond Equation
    I would like to know the answer to the following with the formua as well

I wish to calculate the purchase price of a 10 year government bond parcel with a yield rate of 8.95% paid 1/2 yearly coupon the rate is 7.5% and the bond parcel has 250 days till maturity Thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 10:01 PM

Hi, colin14!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!
    Chelsea26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 02:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by colin14 View Post
    I would like to know the answer to the following with the formua as well

I wish to calculate the purchase price of a 10 year goverment bond parcel with a yeild rate of 8.95% paid 1/2 yearly coupon the rate is 7.5% and the bond parcel has 250 days till maturity Thank you
    Hi Colin... did you ever get a response to your question? I am trying to calculate the same question. Please let me know if you had any luck. Thanks
    Netball Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 11:54 PM
    I think that you simply take the Future Value ($100 + $8.95) and discount this back at 7.5% to get a Present Value of 101.34883.

As there is 250 days left, the holder still gets 2 coupon payments - hence the full 8.95% is factored into the FV.

If this is an Australian Gov Bond then the price is rounded to 3 decimal places i.e 101.339
    Netball Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 11:55 PM

... sorry I meant to round to 101.349
    Chelsea26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 02:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Netball View Post
    ...sorry I meant to round to 101.349
    Thanks for your help Netball... :)
    Mariai83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 04:08 AM
    Hi, I've got exactly the same question. I was just wondering if this was the right answer. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amide bond (peptide bond) [ 3 Answers ]

hello ever1 I don't know much about chemistry, so hlp me with this is amide bond (peptide bond), balanced chemical equation?

Government grants [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any types of grants or government aid for convicted felons?

You.S. History And government [ 6 Answers ]

Most Inuit people live in Canada and Alaska. About one percent of Inuit live on the Asian coastline of Russia in Siberia. How do you explain this data?

Government [ 1 Answers ]

What are types of laws that Virginia has that California does not have to follow?

View more questions Search