Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowbum85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 07:00 PM
    What's behind my ear?
    I've had a lump behind my ear for a few years. I think it's a pimple but it never seems so go away. Sometimes is swells up but I usually end up trying to pop it. The last time was over a year ago and some clear liquid came out. It was just a small hard lump in my ear crease until a month ago. I tried putting warm compresses on it but it doesn't seem to help. It has never been this big before and its now turning purple. I'm thinking about going to see a doctor, does anyone recognize it?
    Attached Images

ihtesham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 12:46 AM

I think it's a escema
    latitude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2009, 10:52 PM
    What did this turn out to be? I don't think its eczema.
    Thozzi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2010, 07:53 AM
    It could just be infection, you could just go to the doctor and he'll pop it and then put you on some antibiotics
    JUDYDEO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2010, 05:46 PM
    I got one just like it clear liquid also came out of mine
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2010, 06:43 AM

You need to see a doctor and have it drained. He might put you on some antibiotics too to make sure you get rid of all the infection.
    konfetka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 04:35 PM
    So what was it? I have one too, it appeared a month ago after I had a small pimple on that place.
    sharrgain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 11:15 AM
    I have one too and all that came out was clear liquid like yours but its not a pimple its something else
    meg2123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 12:15 PM
    I have one too (in the ear crease) and it sounds similar to something I occasionally get on my foot (like a blister?) but its always a clear liquid that is under the surface and I drain it with a sterilized pin. There are usually multiple 'nodes' filled with the liquid... this is the first time I've had it on the ear. Did anyone see a doctor about what exactly this is and how to make it stop occurring?
    msdjfluffy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 04:41 AM
    I think this is cellulitis. I've had this a few times in different places. Once on a blister on my foot I didn't take care of, once on a spider bite, and another time when I had a pimple I popped. The skin gets infected on the inside and the infection gets trapped making that bump. It is extremely painful. If it gets too bad, you have to have it cut open (which I've had once on my foot). It will then be packed with sterile cloth which will have to be changed every so often until it heals completely.

If it isn't too bad, I'd say you could get the infection out yourself. Just squeezing from the surface isn't enough though.

The infection is actually a little "pocket" that's pretty deep down. I treated mine when it wasn't too bad by placing a small glass on it then heating it to pull out the infection after applying lots of hot compresses to it. This is known as fire cupping. It pulls the skin up, and if you do it with the infected skin, it will hopefully pull the infection out.

Yeah... Good luck. Don't be afraid to see a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search