Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frankiek Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 08:51 AM
    Guardianship: transfer from mother to daughter
    How difficult is it for a daughter to have the Guardianship of her disabled brother transferred from her mother to herself. The mother is elderly and refuses to talk about this or any other personal subject. The son is on Social Security Disability and SSI and lives in a group home. The daughter is his only sibling and the mother is a widow. What legal recourses does the daughter have? Thank You.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 3, 2006, 11:37 AM
    If the mother will not just sign it over ( will have to have a legal document drawn up by an attonrey, both parties sign it and have it approved by the judge. ( may nor may not require a hearing, depending on your state)

If she will not sign it over, you have to hire an attorney to fight her in court to show that she is not doing a proper job or show some reason why you should be appointed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Mother/Daughter/Grandchildren [ 9 Answers ]

I have this problem... my daughter keeps digging up the past and I am made to feel like I was the world's most horrible Mom. She doesn't like it when I have said "I don't know any mother/daughter who has the relationship like we have" and then she yells back that she doesn't care about others...

Guardianship [ 2 Answers ]

I recently received a consent of guardianship form stating that my ex-wife is seeking guardianship for my 18 year old son. He lives in a home for disabled children. The consent form does not show that it has been filed through the court system. My question is: "Is this the proper way of seeking...

Mother-daughter [ 11 Answers ]

For the last 8 years I have cared for a mom with Alzheimer's disease, and a 38 year-old daughter with breast cancer. Both have died. My oldest daughter was not there to help with the care of mom and her sister; claims no one in the family was there for her; blames me (mom) and never her dad, for...

Mother/Daughter conflict over sick grandmother [ 4 Answers ]

My grandmother was recently diagnosed with a terminal illness. My mother who is not handling it well at all, continues to deny that she is going to die and behaves as if everything is going to be OK. In doing so, she continues to call me for every little, umimportant thing (not relative to her...

View more questions Search