Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HC27 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 06:05 PM
    New laminate countertop
    I have a new countertop to be installed and am wondering, what's the best tool to use to cut the hole for the sink? I do not want to risk cracking or chipping the laminate.
    Rivethead Posts: 88, Reputation: 7

Jan 23, 2009, 09:25 PM

If you had the counter made they should have cut the hole for you. If not you could take it to a counter shop and have it done. They will need the center line of the sink measured from both ends of the counter.

If your doing this yourself use your jig saw set on zero orbit. A good quality fine tooth blade
    And the instructions on this web site. Remember to cut from the back side. Note the starter holes are done from the top side. Good luck...

Installing Kitchen Counters - Cutting Sink Hole In Laminate, Joining Corner Miters, L-Shape
    HC27 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 10:05 PM

Thanks for the info. I will do my best. I never thought of having the hole cut for me, and the store I ordered from, never offered. Live and learn. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Applying laminate tile in kitchen on top of laminate tiles [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had a question about applying those Armstrong laminate faux tile in my kitchen. The kitchen already has (at least one) layer of laminate flooring on it. There is an imperfection as well, where the flooring isn't level. I called a flooring company near my house and asked them about...

How to resurface laminate countertop [ 3 Answers ]

I have a glass top display case that is a coral glossy laminate. I would like to give it a new life. This case is in a bookstore. The entire front side (towards the customer) is the glossy laminate and the glass is the top and the same surface is the front creating a glass display case. I...

Can you laminate or tile over laminate? [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tile or laminate over a laminate counter top?

Corian countertop [ 4 Answers ]

How do I repair a cracked corion countertop

Installing laminate countertop [ 4 Answers ]

I will be purchasing ready laminte for a home store. I do i carefully cut the ends so that the ready made ends can be glue on to lool professional? I can i cut the laminate itself (it already comes glued down to particale boad. Can i use a table saw? Thanks for help!:p

View more questions Search