Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lastmanIX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 04:47 PM
    Signing over my rights and adoption
    Hello, I am a 24 year old young man. A woman had my child, and through a paternity test I have been proven the father. The mother has found a new man in her life to pursue her happiness with. I have discussed and she has agreed with me on signing over my rights to my child and her new boyriend becoming the father. They are not married yet, but are engaged. How will this affect the adoption? We are all three on the same page about doing what's right for the child. I am not fit to be a father and the other man has been around my child and had all the fatherly experiances with him as I would have had if it were me. We are all a little scared about this, but does there have to be an adoption right away for my rights to be signed over to the other man?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 05:01 PM

You can discuss it all you want to now but you can't go about signing the rights over to him until they are actually married

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The legality of the birth mother signing adoption papers under the influence of crack [ 3 Answers ]

Is an adoption legal in the state of Florida if the birth mother signed papers giving her son to the child's stepmother while under the influence of crack cocaine? My sisiter was told that she would be given back the child once she became clean and sober. The reason the stepmother said she wanted...

Signing his rights over [ 5 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend and I have never been married. We have a 5 month old son. The father has never given me money for him nor is he on child support. I was wanting to know how do I need to go about getting the father to sign his rights over?

Signing off Rights [ 9 Answers ]

I want my ex-husband to sign rights off for my children, he hasn't seen them in over a year and hasn't paid a dime, but I have no way to contact him plus I doubt he'd do it willingly. Do I have to have a lawyer, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Signing of Rights [ 1 Answers ]

A good friend of mine will be having twins in a about 7 months and is willing to sign one over to me to raise. I can't have children as I have been fixed for 11 years. But I do not want to get excited until I know that it is possible for me to do so. So my question to you is will this baby be...

Signing off parental rights for adoption [ 1 Answers ]

Does any one know how long it takes to adopt a child in ar. And about how much it cost if the father is willing to sign off his rights?

View more questions Search