Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jordan1989 Posts: 48, Reputation: -1

Jan 23, 2009, 02:57 PM
    DTV Vitrual Channels
    I just noticed that most of the DTV channels are operating on a different channel than the analog signal, and will continue after the transition. For example, WXYZ Ch. 7 in Detroit is actually broadcasting its digital signal on channel 41.

My question is, why confuse everyone by using a "virtual channel", like 7, after the transition? Why not just call it WXYZ Channel 41? This way, if you want to tune right to a known channel number, you can just enter it directly without having to scan all channels in the area or look up the actual channel number. What's even more confusing is that WTVS Ch. 56 and WWJ Ch. 62 will be called as such over-the-air, even though everyone knows channels 52-69 will no longer be used for television.

They need to do something about this as a next step after the transition -- eliminate usage of virtual channel numbers and refer to each channel by its actual broadcast assignment.

Check out some similar questions!

Tv channels [ 1 Answers ]

On site tvchannelsfree is a lot of channels but they all are " small " screen . Is there any site where a full screen is in normal resolution ? I am interested in 24 - hours news channels . Any help ?

Changes channels [ 2 Answers ]

My RCA changes channels on its own and shuts on and off by itself, how can I fix this problem on my own?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.