Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loopylu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 12:03 PM
    'Three' network-cancelling contract?
    I am having SO many problems with my mobile broadband package. I received the laptop and USB stick on the 16th of Dec, and since than I have never been able to acess the internet for more than 10 minutes, after this it disconnects and displays 'no network' on the screen, I have phoned three customer services 15 times in the past month and a half. They have sent my USB stick off for repair three times, they have made me try to connect to the internet in three different locations, on two different computers. To be honest they have done pretty much everything, apart from actually answer any of the questions I have asked them, all of a sudden, they don't understand what I am saying to them, or asking them.

I phoned them today to see if it was possible to just cancel the contract, they then told me they wish to pick it up tomorrow to send it off for repair, for the FOURTH time. When I said that I didn't want that, I just wanted the cintract terminated they told me I would have to pay a termination fee because it is outside of my cancellation time, surely there is someway that I can get out of this contract, it has NEVER worked from the day I received it, doesn't that mean they have breeched their side of the contract?

Also, it seems IMPOSSIBLE to get an e-mail address to complain to three ad talk to somebody who can resolve this issue for me, if anybody can help it would be much appreciated. They have already refused to refund the £70 they have already took from my account! =(

Many Thanks
    1stRankings Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jan 23, 2009, 01:13 PM
    Look for a loophole in their contract which allows for cancelation because of failed/bad service... if you pay by credit card and they aren't providing a service just do a chargeback and a claim against them... CC companies usually side on the consumer side anyway.

I take it you live in Europe... in the US we have a company called Millenicom which offers wireless broadband service via cell towers, it is contract-less, fairly reasonable and relaible... if you are in Europe I would look for a similar option there...

But I would definitely do a chargeback and complaint to my CC as well as file a consumer complaint with the company office. They may try and charge you cancelation fee if you do a chargeback, do a chargeback on that and dispute it. But check their terms first to see where you actually stand...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cancelling visitation [ 3 Answers ]

I was awarded soul legal custody of my son after he was involved in an abuse case with my ex and her boyfriend. The grandparents of my ex were able to have supervised visitation for 2 hours every other weekend with my son The decree states " The extended family may have supervised visitation every...

Cancelling of a lease by landlord [ 3 Answers ]

I have renewed a lease with my tennents for 6 months. Things aren't working out and I want them off the property and out of the house. The lease has a clause that for any reason a 30 day notice can be given from either the landlord or the tennent. I am not using late payments or any other reason...

Cancelling a mortgage contract [ 2 Answers ]

What happens if I cancel a mortgage contract if I am unable to make the payments and cancel before I have signed the bank loan papers? The sellers have my promise money and I am going to pay for the appraisel. What legal rights do the sellers have to make me take out a loan? It has bee about...

Cancelling a Contract For Deed [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a home "contract for deed" one year ago. At the time, it was the perfect solution to our needs. Things have changed and we can't afford the payments any longer. We have not missed any payments as of yet. We are wondering if there are options for us to cancel a contract...

View more questions Search