Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    budder Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Old Briggs one piece toilet
    We have an older Briggs one piece toilet. Says C-Briggs 12-12-1956. The inside must have been converted or is missing a part. When flushed no water comes out under the rim. There is a piece with nothing attached to it (see pic, part in red box) that if I put the little hose into, water comes out from under the rim but with no real force. It does not seem that it was made to be hooked up with the hose there. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 23, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Hi Budder...

Yup! The parts are replacement parts as you suspected. With the older style fill valve and flush valve assembly there was a rubber hose that connected between parts and the water flushed the rim clean.

You can hook the flexible tubing into this fitting if you want... will at least clean the rim a little... ;) or you could check with your local plumbing supply house and see what they may have to better replace parts.

In my area, we have Watertown supply co... they say if Watertown supply doesn't have it then you don't need it anyway! Maybe you guys have a similar place in your area.. Pop by your local plumbing supply house and show them the pic... see what they think...

MARK

Jan 23, 2009, 05:44 PM

I took the picture to two local plumbing supply places. They kind of scratched their heads and said "I never seen anything like that before". I'll hook the hose up but it really doesn't have much force to clean. Better than nothing.
    Thanks for your help.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 23, 2009, 07:10 PM
    We have some of those old briggs one piece toilets in my area... let me see what I can find out for you. I won't have anything useful until Monday afternoon at earliest (if at all... ;) ) as I am working all day tomorrow and can't pop in and chat with the counter guys until Monday... ok?

Talk then...

MARK

Jan 24, 2009, 06:20 AM

I appreciate your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Lt. Gen Sanchez says his piece [ 4 Answers ]

I'm glad to see a military leader place the responsibility for this disaster where it belongs--on the civilian leadership. Sanchez: Iraq war 'a nightmare with no end in sight' - CNN.com Excerpts:

What is the name of this piece? [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace the shut off valve under the bathroom sink, well the little metal piece that prevents the adapter of the shut off valve from sliding off the pipe is broken. I need to know what the name of this piece is please, and where can I get a new one? Thanks in advance!

Champion 2 piece Toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Have had toilet less then a year and has worked fine lately seems not enough power to properly flush toilet. Possible flush valve seal?? Any suggestions greatly appreciated

View more questions Search