Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:17 PM

There are a lot of different reasons for this... including the fact that not all men do.

You could almost write a book on them. But the readers digest version is this... keep the petty squabbling at a minimum... be attuned to each others needs and desires, be there for each other and the odds this will ever happen are much reduced.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    At least a couple people will answer honestly without making off handed comments. Thank You for that!
    The problem is with the way you have structured the question:
    Why do men feel it is necessary to stray when they have a wife and family at home?
    This assumes that all men cheat find it necessary to "stray", when this is far from the truth. That is the point I was making.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:39 PM

Need Karma is right, donn... you have a tendency on all the boards to oversimplify everything---oversimplifying and treating other people's opinions as anything other than personal anecdotes which is just *conversation*... not grounds for deducing fact. What agrees with your prejudice and bias is not necessarily fact, or even valuable at all! :)

Have a good one!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 12:49 PM

Well, I can say I never cheated but I have been cheating on by one of exes. I was so hurt behind it and went through a lot of emotion. Shortly after him confessing to him cheating I left because I couldn't forgive that act of betrayal. I did what was right for me and leaving was the best choice for me.
    princessdiana28 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Are you asking for permission and/or approval? Or have you already done it and are trying to figure out why? Either way... it is sin. Don't stray. You will be happier in the long run. If you are not feeling the love you once had in your relationship, think about what efforts you are making to that cause... relationships are based on the actions of two people. If you court your wife again, she might start courting you right back!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 06:59 PM

Yes, I would say that most men don't cheat, The few that do, give the rest a bad name for it.
    This is merely idea, some men may to live up to the motto, like what happens in Vegas stays in vegas, but the truth is, most men when they travel, do work, and sleep and eat and talk to their wife and watch TV, no cheating
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    the large majority of them do not stray when away on business.
    On business or not (just hanging around the neighborhood), the married men I know do not cheat on their wives. And yeah, they would tell me -- I've got that kind of face.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search