Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    younker1983 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2006, 10:32 PM
    Limewire connecting problem
    Hi all...
    Please help me to connect & download with Limewire.. I'm using limewire 4.12.3 in my office we are using winproxy server. I want to use LW on my client machine. All the machine having Win98 OS. When I install the LW then it starts the application it always show the status "Connecting..."

I tried to change the advanced proxy settings in LW http proxy server I fill the IP and port but its not working I'm facing the same problem.

Please tell me how can I connect & download from LW.:mad:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 3, 2006, 06:21 AM
    Do it from home. I suspect that your system may be blocking sites like that. Besides, you shouldn't be spending work time on that.
    younker1983 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 09:15 PM
    Dear Scott,
    Limewire is working f9 at my home... but I need LW at my office. Please tell me how can I connect this.

Thanks
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2006, 12:44 AM
    You'd have to go the IT administrator in your office and ask them to unblock the ports for Limewire on the office firewall. Chances of them doing this are about next to none though.

Why do you need Limewire at the office? We might be able to suggest alternatives to what you want to achieve.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2006, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by younker1983
    Dear Scott,
    Limewire is working f9 at my home... but i need LW at my office. plz tell me how can i connect this.

thanx
    You weren't paying attention were you? As LT asks, why would you need it in the office? If you have a legitimate need then talk to your IT people.

If you try to get around their security measures you could be fired. Therefore, it would be unethical for us to help you get around their precautions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Limewire [ 5 Answers ]

When I try to Run limewire it says it needs to connect to the internet and I do know how to make it do that. Please answer by 9:00 1/15/06, thanks

Limewire [ 2 Answers ]

Is limewire, the free limewire safe and can I listen to full length songs?ANSWER BY 8:00 1/15/06 PLEASE

Can't stop Limewire... [ 9 Answers ]

Help guys... My Boss is using a program called Limewire... and she installed it in a PC where I do my work... and I have a problem about it... cause every time I open this PC limewire open automatically, I look for the start-up programs but limewire isn't there, I try to search the setting of...

Connecting Washer To Tub [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My spouse and I are moving into a new rental property which has a "utility room" for the washer and dryer. There is a vent for the dryer, but according to the landlord the washing machine has to be connected to the tub faucet. Apparently, former tenants have done this. I do not currently...

View more questions Search