Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blokebmx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 11:04 PM
    Can't download from internet
    I recently reinstalled windows xp sp2 and installed all drivers fine and a few updates FROM the internet for windows, and now when I try to download zune theme, or sp3 I get an lost connection or not available website and I have try everything from attachments to e-mails too randoms download like songs nothing works and since I can't download anything I would too see if lime wire could but I can't any answers would be appreciated
    thanks
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 11:21 PM

do a "ping -l 8192 -t <IP address of your router>" from the cmd prompt.

Use ^C to stop.. Report if there are any timeouts. The "l" is a lower case L.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 10:11 AM

If you want sp3, recommend download it and then installing and not to use windows update

Download Windows XP Service Pack 3: XP SP3 (Full package)
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 06:16 PM
    [QUOTE=;][/QUOTE-;]
    Hi,
    I do not use any of the above, but I "travel" with high security settings and I would suggest that You try right-clicking and selecting the "Save Target As..." selection. Works for me.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Download Speeds [ 36 Answers ]

I'm trying to get a real-life feel for download speeds. I have Time Warner cable now with 10Mbps download, and I am pretty happy with that. I am looking at switching to ATT as they have an awsome bundle for HDTV, Phone, and Internet. Only problem is ATT's download speed is 6Mbps. I am not...

How to download movies from the internet? [ 2 Answers ]

Which is the best site to download movies? How do I go about it? Do I need to have something programmed in my computer to do this?

How can I download program from internet? [ 2 Answers ]

when I try to download anything from the net I get this message(your current security settings prohibit running active x),please what can I do? thanks a lot

Unknown download from internet [ 1 Answers ]

I left my PC on last night to run a viruscan. When I checked it this morning I had no viruses but I noticed that something was downloading data onto my PC from the internet. I determined this by checking a program I have called DU Meter which monitors the flow of network traffic across my...

Uncommanded internet download [ 2 Answers ]

I left my PC on last night to run a viruscan. When I checked it this morning I had no viruses but I noticed that something was downloading data onto my PC from the internet. I determined this by checking a program I have called DU Meter which monitors the flow of network traffic across my...

View more questions Search