Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Inaru Posts: 76, Reputation: 4

Jan 22, 2009, 04:47 PM
    My best friend may be suicidal
    My friend has been going through a lot and I think he's going suicidal. He told me that he was turning his pain to hatred, didn't want help from anyone, and that he just wanted to be alone. He said he was angry that no one noticed that he was hurting. I told him that it wasn't their fault they didn't see, rather that he didn't say anything. Now he's pushing me away, the only one who's trying to help him now. In his online journal he said that he was either going to die or shun everyone and hope they forget about him. He thinks he's a freak and that he shouldn't be around "normal people". Please, I need help. I'm the only one who's trying to persuade him not to do it right now and I don't want to lose one of my best friends.
    Str8stack71 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Jan 22, 2009, 04:54 PM

If you feel that there is any chance that your friend may hurt himself, then you need to make sure that you report it to the proper people to get him some help...
    xox90baby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 07:32 PM

I know what you need to do. You need to make him feel better about himself and somehow show him how much he means to you and everyone around him. You need to show him that he has a lot of life to live and that he shouldn't be think'n of ending his life this soon. U need to just be there even if he tries to push you away. I got threw the same thing almost everyday with at least 5 good friends of mine. U need to just show him what he can do with his life. He may be depressed and just need to see someone and get some pills. Trust me they work! Hope that helps
    alright Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 10:37 PM

Suicidal thoughts are usually triggered by depression.the best thing is to talk to your friend and let him know you love him and others do to. Be there fore him and ensure him he has someone to go to. If it doesn't stop you may need to seek profecional help.I went through this with my friend. Let him know he has nothing to die for and everything to live for.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Feb 4, 2009, 11:24 PM

You should try to talk to him, and do the very best to let him know you are there for him, but if you are unable to get through to him and you feel there is a heavy chance he may claim his own life, then you need to tell his parents or another adult. Yes, he may hate you for the rest of his life for calling attention to his problem, but as long as he still has that life, it would be worth it. One day he may even thank you, once he gets the help he needs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal ? [ 19 Answers ]

Just yesterday a 21 year old young man jumped off a building and died in my community. I remember when I was in Middle or even High school, suicides were rare and it used to shock us to hear about such an incident. Recently I have noticed that the statistics of suicides seems to be on the...

Suicidal Friend? [ 7 Answers ]

I recently spoke to a friend of mine about his best friend, who apparently used to cut and has thoughts of suicide. Now I used to hang out the E (possibly suicidal friend) a lot, but I haven't seen him in a few months. Now I care about this guy a lot, but I just don't know what advice to give...

Best friend.. suicidal [ 6 Answers ]

Last year my best friends dad killed himself, she was the one who found him and has never talked to anyone about this... either family friend or otherwise, recently she told she has been acting out of character, she doesn't really seem to care about her actions and has told me she has had thoughts...

My best friend is suicidal [ 5 Answers ]

How do I reply to this? This is a message my best friend sent me today. "read this!!!!! hunter whenever u get this....i love you...(not in the gay way) but as a brother...as the only one that cares...without you...i would do something really stupid to myself...but yeah...last night...i cut...

Suicidal friend [ 1 Answers ]

Recently my friend has been hurting herself due to a break-up with her boyfriend. She has lost allot of weight and is cutting her arms. She talks about killing herself. I don’t no what to do because she is staring to be mean to us her friends and I don’t want to cause her any more pain but she is...

View more questions Search