Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikkul1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Water coming up from bathroom sink
    I have water coming up in the bathroom sink as well as the kitchen (1st floor). There is standing water at the bottom of the dishwasher that won't drain. There is no water coming up in the drains in the basement. When the toilet is flushed, there is a gurgling noise coming from the tub. Also, there is a good amount of sand and debris in the water coming up. What could cause this and what is needed to correct it?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 03:38 PM

Gurgle" indicates a blocked vent, in your case you have both your vent and your drain are blocked you need to snake it from the roof vent and 20 feet extra when it reaches the flore,Good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Smell coming from bathroom sink [ 2 Answers ]

We have a strong sewage smell coming from our bathroom sink. Can you help?

Warm air coming out of bathroom sink every time the heater is on [ 16 Answers ]

I've just recently noticed that warm air is coming out of my bathroom sink every time I have the heater on. I'm not sure if it's something I can remedy myself or if it's something I have to call a plumber for. I've also noticed a foul odor coming out of the sink every time the warm air comes out...

Sewage odor coming from bathroom sink only [ 1 Answers ]

We have a small 1/2 bathroom on the main floor of our house. We just started getting a sewage odor from the sink the last couple days. I pulled the drain stop out and pulled out hair, etc. I think I cleaned most of the stuff out. We just got a new washer and dryer and installed it downstairs about...

Smell coming up from bathroom sink. [ 1 Answers ]

Our bathroom sink smells like sewer when we run water down it. I know the trap is full because we use this sink every day. We have to keep the drain closed and run a sink full of water before we can open the drain and use the sink. What is causing this problem? Could our vent be plugged? It...

Smell coming from cold water in sink and bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have spent a lot of money on my plumbing problem and still don't have an answer. We added a 2bedroom 1 bath addition onto our house. About a month after we started using the addition we began to have a sewer smell coming from the cold water. We removed alloy rod from water heater just in...

View more questions Search