Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Where did they all go?
    Now that his highness has been coronated and he has started to unravel the things put in place since 9/11 to keep us safe I am really surprised that no one is talking. Is everyone still hung over from all the pomp and ceremony?:D
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 22, 2009, 01:43 PM

I heard Pedialyte is good for a hang over.

What's to talk about, so far so good. He's taking measures to fulfill some of his promises to the majority of American's who elected him in part to end the Bush methodology.

Will we be any less safe? I doubt it. Let's just say I have confidence that he can 'unravel' the Bush crap and restore America as standard bearer of civilized behavior while enhancing our safety by doing it smarter.

Like I've said in previous posts, let's at least give the guy a chance to prove himself.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 22, 2009, 05:43 PM

Well, it looks like he doesn't understand what he means in his executive orders when he has to ask someone else just what effect it may have. Not really conducive to confidence in him, at least so far.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Now that his highness has been coronated and he has started to unravel the things put in place since 9/11 to keep us safe I am really surprised that no one is talking.
    Hello 450:

You want talk? Ok, I'll give you talk...

Terrorists put us in danger. Abu Ghraeb, Gitmo, CIA prisons, rendition and let's not forget torture, are HUGE recruiting posters for Al Qaida and the Taliban.

Now, that it's going to be unwound, we'll be MUCH safer.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 07:04 AM
    I searched all the news on BBC and I did not find anything about a coronation. Could you be more specific?
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 07:18 AM
    Hello again, 450:

I'm going to give you some more talk... Cause I know you won't understand what I said above.

So, let's look at it this way. Say, WE were invaded. The good ole USA. Say, we had a really BAD leader (say, one who was coronated), and YOU were secretly happy that he's gone. You FEEL liberated...

But, then you notice something.. Your liberators aren't treating your people very well. They're locking 'em up every which way. They're shooting people right and left. They act like cowboys... But, STILL, you support them. War is hell.

THEN you discover that they're acting MORE like invaders and occupier's than liberators... They're treating your fellow Americans like they're LESS than human beings. You see pictures of your "liberators" treating your neighbors like dogs on leashes, stacked naked, and laughed at...

You're a religious fellow. Imagine your Bible being urinated on, and thrown in the trash.

Even IF you supported them up to that point, you'd be a traitor if you did anything OTHER than join a resistance...

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 07:50 AM

Proof is everything excon. The murders in places like Gitmo have been treated with the utmost respect with regard to their religion. We on the other hand have had to suffer through beheadings, our citizens bodies set on fire and being dragged through the streets of third world cities in front of the news media. Our husbands, wives and children were brutally murdered. Our military is/has done an admirable job stopping this insane murderers, and protecting the citizens of this country. Have there been mistakes made? Yes, I will agree there has. But the worst mistake our military has made in this war is nothing compared to what the enemy have done to our citizens one time! It is not us that started this war. IT WAS THEM! This is a group of fanatics that want nothing less than our total annihilation. They want to take us back to the stone age, Just like they have done to their own people. 1500 years ago, middle eastern peoples were some of the wealthiest, most educated and industriest peoples on the face of the earth. It was their religion that has turned them into a bunch of uneducated mind numbed robots who are forced to bow to allah five times a day or die. It is their religion that dictates circumcision of women. It is their religion that dictates that women are nothing better than baby factories. Women in that culture today are prisoners in their own homes. If their husband gets mad at them he has the right under their brand of religion to murder her. Do you want to live like that? People like you have NO understanding of what we as a country are facing today. Is Mr.Obama the right person for the job? I have no clue. I do not know him personally.
    My question was designed to drag out people like you into a discussion. Since you have achieved your goals of totally taking control of the country, who will you bash now that President Bush is no longer in office?

Based on some of your comments excon I think you DID drink the koolaid!
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jan 23, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello 450:

You want talk? Ok, I'll give you talk...

Terrorists put us in danger. Abu Ghraeb, Gitmo, CIA prisons, rendition and let's not forget torture, are HUGE recruiting posters for Al Qaida and the Taliban.

Now, that it's going to be unwound, we'll be MUCH safer.

Excon
    They don't need recruiting posters. They already had them prior to 9/11

Somalia
    Lebanon
    USS Cole
    Khobar towers
    WTC 1
    African embassies

Paper Tiger by Mark Silverberg

In his 1996 "Declaration of War Against the Americans," Osama bin Laden cited the U.S. retreat from Somalia in 1993: "You have been disgraced by Allah and you withdrew. The extent of your impotence and weaknesses has become very clear," he said. “When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, by nature they will like the strong horse.”
    Bush demonstrated that the US is a strong horse, willing to take the fight to them.
    And we have not had another 9/11.

I "hope" Obama does not demonstrate "impotence and weakness," by kowtowing to the radical code pink elements.

Look at Israel and Gaza. The Israels were gracious enough to cede Gaza to the Palestianians and look what happened. Palestianians bombing Israel from Gaza.

“It is best to be both feared and loved; however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved.” Niccollò Machiavelli, The Prince, 1532.

G&P
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    “It is best to be both feared and loved; however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved.” Niccollò Machiavelli, The Prince, 1532.
    That quote you used pretty sums up your viewpoint on life. I can guarantee you that it is not shared by all.

NK.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 10:07 AM
    Hello again,

I understand your arguments... You AND Bush have been making them for years. THOSE arguments, however, have been soundly rejected by the American populace.

We DID what you wanted us to do. It didn't work. We're now going to DO something else. You should NOT be surprised. Obama is doing nothing other than what he said he would do. We are NOT going back. Do you have anything OTHER than a return to the past to suggest?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2009, 02:00 PM

Inthebox said: Look at Israel and Gaza. The Israels were gracious enough to cede Gaza to the Palestianians and look what happened. Palestianians bombing Israel from Gaza.

Sorry. The Palastinians let the Jews into Palestine after the war. The state of Israel was created by the UN. The Israelites have totally (almost) taken over the former state of Palestine shoving the people of Gaza into a ghetto like existence denying them food, water, medical supplies, etc. in an effort to wipe them off Gaza.

Did you happen to read your statement in some sort of disinformation history book? I kind of think so.
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Inthebox said: Look at Israel and Gaza. The Israels were gracious enough to cede Gaza to the Palestianians and look what happened. Palestianians bombing Israel from Gaza.

Sorry. The Palastinians let the Jews into Palestine after the war. The state of Israel was created by the UN. The Israelites have totally (almost) taken over the former state of Palestine shoving the people of Gaza into a ghetto like existence denying them food, water, medical supplies, etc. in an effort to wipe them off Gaza.

Did you happen to read your statement in some sort of disinformation history book? I kinda think so.
    Wrong!
    Better go back to your history books for the correct answer.
    It was the Jews land for around four thousand years. The Arab nations have been fighting over that right for thousands of years and now as invaders they believe that it is theirs.

Jan 23, 2009, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

I understand your arguments... You AND Bush have been making them for years. THOSE arguments, however, have been soundly rejected by the American populace.

We DID what you wanted us to do. It didn't work. We're now going to DO something else. You should NOT be surprised. Obama is doing nothing other than what he said he would do. We are NOT going back. Do you have anything OTHER than a return to the past to suggest?

excon
    Those who don't know or ignore the past are going to repeat it.

So are you and the Obots going to stick your head in the sand till another attack on american soil occurs?

G&P
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 29, 2009, 12:43 PM

I hope that those of you who think that you can reason with lunatics will be standing substantially closer to the mushroom cloud than the rest of us.
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebox View Post
    Those who don't know or ignore the past are going to repeat it.
    I don't think that saying is working for your argument.

NK.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    I don't think that saying is working for your argument.

NK.
    Guess you better go back to school and reread history books. Just look at how many times in mans history he has repeated the same mistake over and over with basically the same disastrous results each time around.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 06:58 AM

Since you have achieved your goals of totally taking control of the country, who will you bash now that President Bush is no longer in office?
    Bush left this country in such disarray, who can b*tch with all the work to do to clean up his mess.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2009, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Guess you better go back to school and reread history books. Just look at how many times in mans history he has repeated the same mistake over and over with basically the same disastrous results each time around.
    Yes and inthebox is advising against what excon says which is to do something different than 8 years of Bush's iideas i.e the disastrous results.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 1, 2009, 09:56 AM
    Originally Posted by 450donn
    Bush is history, and the work to be done, is to do what he should have, and not continue doing what he did, in other words.................change a few things.

Feb 2, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Yes and inthebox is advising against what excon says which is to do something different than 8 years of Bush's iideas i.e the disastrous results.
    Bush got us out of the dot com bubble burst with a TAX CUT.

Bush's policy , after 9/11, has kept this country from another terrorist attack.

Bush wanted MORE REGULATION of the gse[s] Fannie Mae and Freddie MAc, but Dem's like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd blocked this. Now we are in a recession. Bush and Paulson spent close to a trillion on TARP, which I disagree with, and now Obama wants another trillion for A PORKULUS.

Is that really [good] change?

Then Obama hires TAX CHEATS like Geithner and Daschle. Only a partisan or idealogue would be blind to this hypocrisy. Wasn't Obama the one who wanted to "spread the wealth" but the people he delegates authority to cannot even PAY THEIR TAXES.

This is the change you voted for?

G&P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search