Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slipkid Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 22, 2009, 01:07 PM
    Replacing Old Shower Controls
    I have a shower stall with 1/4" thick Corian walls and I am thinking about replacing the shower controls instead of replacing the innards (seats, springs and valves are still available for about $80. I would do the work myself). There is always the chance I would run into trouble doing it, like breaking something, or finding corrosion, or that it would be better to just replace evrything with new...

Replacing with new control valve would involve cutting a hole in the Corian so that the valve can be replaced, then using an adapter plate to cover all the holes.

Anyone have this done recently who can give me an idea how much a plumber would charge to do this? I figure the shower control alone would cost about $250. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing old "General Controls" thermostat. How to determine what the wire do? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old "General Controls" thermostat, model T-90H110A137, 24 volts max, 0.8 AMP. The wires are labelled but not to the current standard of H1/H2/B/O/RC/RH/G/Y/W. how do I determine which wire is for what? The old thermostat controls a furnace and has a continuous fan option. ...

Replacing bath/shower with shower unit [ 4 Answers ]

Hiya could someone give me a guide to replacing a bath tub with overhead shower to just a shower unit. Please..

Shower controls [ 1 Answers ]

We're tearing out and rebuilding a shower stall. I'm getting overwhelmed looking at plumbing fixtures (I want a showerhead, handheld shower, couple of body sprays) because I don't fundamentally understand how the plumbing works... mixing valves, single-control valves, all of that. I can't sensibly...

Shower stall need height of controls and shower head [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Am building a shower and require the height of the taps and the shower head

Leak from shower controls [ 5 Answers ]

I finally got the shower control off so that I can try and stop the water from pouring out of the hot and cold controls. I was expecting to see more then just a stem, and I am not quite sure what the cause of the problem is. Perhaps I need to try and unscrew the stem and replace it? ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.