Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcsand901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Phrase meaning
    If someone did a favor for someone, and said that in doing so, "i've expended my political capital", what does that phrase mean? I think I might know, but want other opinion.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 12:49 PM
    It means he cannot ask for any more favours from that person.
    jcsand901 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 01:15 PM

Yeah,, the 'political capital' got me.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 01:22 PM
    'political capital = 'brownie points' :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The phrase. [ 8 Answers ]

"....as far away as Timbuktu." This is a phrase I've known all my life, but I'm curious as to what it means! Now my daughter wants to know, also. I don't know what to tell her! Help, please!

Meaning of this legal phrase [ 1 Answers ]

What is the meaning of this part of a consideration clause: "and other valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which consideration is acknowledged" The full clause is below: IN CONSIDERATION OF and as a condition of the Seller selling the Property and the Buyer purchasing the...

Phrase meaning [ 2 Answers ]

He seemed quite content in himself? What does this mean?

Phrase meaning [ 7 Answers ]

Tell me the meaning of the following phrases to complete my son's homwork 1.nine white mice 2we can sea the sea 3.three mean mosquitoes 4.big thick sticks 5drink pink ink 6the wrong song 7a fat black cat 8.a mouse in the house 9.tell your friend and end

Meaning of phrase "in-house vendor" ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I noticed the following phrase on some newspaper: "in-house vendor". I'm not an English, and I have look for these words in the dictionary. The dictionaries tell me that "in-house" means make by ourselves Vendor means someone who selling something But, what is the whole phrase...

View more questions Search