7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Measureing crankshaft
    So I can use a caliper to measure the journals on a crankshaft
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 07:46 AM

Hi,
    Yes a good digital vernier that will measure to 0.001" will suffice.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Micrometers and caliper [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if a caliper measuring tool would work the same as a micrometer Thank you

Brake Caliper sticking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 99 Lexus LX470. I returned home from a long trip and noticed a terrible scraping on the left rear rotor, even without the brakes applied. I took off the caliper and noticed the outer one was like new and the inner one was completely gone. I put new pads on and started to work the next day...

96 Quest Caliper bolts [ 1 Answers ]

How do I take the Caliper Bolts off the front of a 96 Quest? What size and what kind of tool?

Brake fluid leak- master cylinder or caliper? [ 1 Answers ]

First, my Honda Accord is a 1987 and has seen about 300,000 miles. It is slowly leaking break fluid, because about every two weeks the brake light comes on and I have to put in more fluid. I have looked at it, and the front right caliper is damp with brake fluid so I am replacing that caliper. I am...

05 Impala caliper bolt [ 5 Answers ]

I'm replacing the rear brakes on my 05 Impala, and I have messed up bad. I took of the rotors to have them refaced, but when I went to put them back on, it seems that my caliper pins are 2 different types. One is smooth with the threads on the end, the other has a small rubber seal at the end of...

View more questions Search