Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    triny2005 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 08:31 AM
    Was I Wrongfully Terminated?
    I had a job in Florida. I was in the training process. It is four weeks of training. During my third week of training, I called in from THE HOSPITAL to inform my supervisor I was going to be late, because I was feeling really sick. I got no answer and I got no call back. When I realized the hospital was taking a long time to run test, I called my supervisor again to inform her this time I would not be coming in because I am at the hospital. NO ANSWER.. NO CALL BACK... The next day I went into work and I had papers showing her that in fact I was at the hospital yesterday and my diagnosis was that I was PREGNANT. The paper from the hospital clearly stated that I had to return to that hospital for a repeat of two test because they saw a complication, but it wasn't clear until I came bac in two more days. So I went to work the next day and stayed the whole day like any other day and everything went fine. The next day I went back to the hospital to repeat the test. I called the supervisor to inform her again just in case she forgot, but again my calls were left unanswered and I never received ANY calls back. That day at the hospital they were doing several test. They told me something is really wrong because they could not locate my child, but my blood test are still stating I'm pregnant. So they ran a few more test, then came back and told me I would need SURGERY now, because they can not locate my child. They assumed I was having an ectopic pregnancy, so they did that test and put me to sleep for a while. When I awoke I was told that I underwent surgery and they found a ovarian cyst that had to be removed, but still was no sight of the baby. They drew more blood. Test still revealed I was PREGNANT. I was allowed to go home even though the doctors and I are completely lost about what was going on as far as the pregnancy. So my doctor gave me all the medical papers from the hospital stating what I was going through, and to NOT RETURN TO WORK FOR A WEEK, UNTIL I SEEN HIM AT HIS OFFICE. I brought that paper to show her the next day when I was not even suppose to be out the house because my calls were being unanswered. My mother even tried to call her while I was in surgery to let the supervisor know. When I went in to show my supervisor the paper, AS ALWAYS she was late. I could not wait for her because I was not suppose to be out the house. I went and seen my docotr a week later, by this time I was told I was having a miscarriage for sure and to get some rest and relax. This whole situation happened during my third week of training. So that clearly states that I could not attend that last week of training. In all actuality we were done training that third week, because my group was learning to fast. They told me they could not put me back on that program that Iwas on, which I feel is unfair because I know all the material, but to an extent is understandable. But when they told me I was fired, for missing days and not informing the supervisor that's what ticked me off because I made numerous attempts that were unanswered. A couple days later I showed the head manager my hospital papers and she said I was rehirable and now that I keep trying to get my job back it seems like all they try to do is give me the run around but in a way to cover them because they know it was illegal fire. They explained to me the only other position open was sales I said OK... I will do it. Then they said they will call me back when the position begins. NEVER GOT A CALL. I went through this process about three times. So I asked a couple people when they exited the building were you hired and what position were you hired for... And they confirmed what I already knew, they were hired for the same assignment I was on and other customer service positions ,the company was just telling me anything to make it seem like they were going to hire me, just from keeping me from suing. I never pursued the issue because I was not sure if it's a lawsuit but to me it seems like I was fired over having a miscarriage.. I am confused!! Is this a lawsuit? Was I illegally terminated?:confused:
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2009, 09:35 AM

It sounds to me that you were legally terminated. Why do you have two very unrelateable lawsuit issues posted on here just today? The issues do not even support each other.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2009, 02:27 PM

Florida can and will fire you for any and no reason. I don't see any lawsuit or wrongful termination of your job. They can fire you for wearing a green dress if they want to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongfully terminated [ 20 Answers ]

I am writing to you in hopes that you might be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction to get some help. I am a single mother of 5 very beautiful and intelligent children. A little over two years ago, the state of Michigan took my children from me. Without warning or cause...

Wrongfully terminated/deframation [ 8 Answers ]

I worked for the dept of mental heatlh and was wrongfully terminated fro neglect and put on a black ball list so I could not get a job as a result I suffer numerous of losses ike my car being repoed not to mention depression and embarrassment I disputed these charges and was proven innocent after...

Was I wrongfully terminated? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was working at a job for 5 years before he was terminated... for calling a black man " a nice colored fella" it was considered a racial slur... My question is... What can he do about it? He has been out of a job since January 2008, and times are getting really rough now... He talked...

I believe I was wrongfully terminated [ 2 Answers ]

I worked for this company for 4 months and I was never written up or verbally warned until one day I was told that she didn't believe I was capable of doing my job and that I didn't want to be there. I was never told that I was let go or fired, I just asked if I am finishing out my schedule the...

Got wrongfully terminated can I do anything? [ 7 Answers ]

I had been working at a company almost a year, after seven months I was promoted one week after that my immediate supervisor was terminated. They never replaced my boss (they were "trying") so I was all alone with no one to train me I literately had to learn on my own, I worked at a high end car...

View more questions Search