Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alvi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2003, 01:59 PM
    Fahrenheit scale
    Most countries use the metric system, including in weather reports. Most airports now have automated weather systems that disseminate reports using the Celsius scale for temperature, and meters/second for wind speed. Do you think the U.S. should eliminate the Fahrenheit scale entirely and report all temperatures in Celsius degrees – including on television and radio reports, bank thermometers, etc.
    Explain why or why not.
    qbp54321 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2004, 11:12 PM
    Fahrenheit scale
    I personally believe it wouild make the most sense for international and scientific reasons.  But then again, most american's would resent the idea because they are already used to it.  It would sort of be like trying to change the keys on a keyboard to alphabetical order, it would make the most sense but it would also be rejected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fahrenheit/Celsius [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell MagicStat/32 programmable thermostat, which has been working fine for years. Today it is reading temps. In celsius rather than fahrenheit, and I can't find any switch to change it back, nor can I find any reference to making this change in the instructions manual. I am sure it...

View more questions Search