Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spanglish30 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2009, 09:04 PM
    When Is It Too Much Makeup?
    Hi I'm pretty new here.This is my first question.I'm wondering how men feel as well as women about makeup.How much is too much and tell me what you don't like how some women wear their makeup.Whether a celebrity or your co-worker.Is it too much eyeliner or too much lipstick?I know if you are playing up your eyes,then you tone down the lips with a neutral or lipgloss.Or the other way around.I love makeup,and I do wear it.Some men prefer the fresh faced look and some may like makeup?But I'd like to hear everyone's feedback.Thank You! SPANGLISH30
    bangalore12 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 12:03 AM

Life is too short to worry about what other people think. You sound sweet! Don't waste your years trying to please other people or blend in, we can NEVER please everyone and opinions about appearances are just temporary. Just be yourself and wear what makes YOU feel good. Keep your joy and enjoy being you.
    BabyDoll22 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 07:23 AM

Hey spanglish30 as long as you feel cmfortable with the amount your wearing it doesn't matter. Does your boyfriend like make up? My ex hated make and when I would wear it around him he would make me feel so unconvertible and it would hurt my feelings so much and at the end of the day I had 2 make myself happy so don't worry about people make yourself happy. But what you could do is wear different looks more make up for the club and less at work or with you man hope this helps:)
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Mar 11, 2009, 02:11 PM

Hiya! Welcome to askmehelpdesk!

I agree with both the answers above. Just as long you feel comfortable, then who cares! Personality really does shine through.

You are right with the playing up the eyes and toning down the lips and vice versa. I do this a lot. But sometimes, I also do the fresh faced look, a bit of foundation, a very fine line of liquid liner on my top lid, lengthing mascara, a cream subtle blush and nude lips with a slick of gloss.
    So why not try a mixture of things? :)
    G383 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 05:28 PM

One make-up tip I personally live by... NO FOUNDATION.

I always use cover-up under my eyes and on any imperfections, and NEVER use foundation. All over coverage is what makes skin look super un-natural. By just covering imperfections, then maybe using a little powder or bronzer, plus whatever other eye make-up or lipstick you wear--makes skin look flawless and not fake.
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Mar 25, 2009, 03:22 PM

If you do use a foundation, get one that is water-based, not oil based. I use Maybelline Pure Makeup (its in a light green squeeze bottle). That was you can still see your skin, and its not thick. Remember when using a foundation match it with your skin! You can also add 1/2 face lotion to a small amount of foundation for a natural but balanced look.

If you are going to have dark lips I would recommend a tiny bit of mascara and a light or even white eye shadow.

But I agree with everyone! Whatever you look good in. Make sure make up doesn't take over your life... I have friends that would refuse to swim in the summer in fear of their make up coming off... and I promise that's not attractive!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Makeup [ 4 Answers ]

For halloween I am being a witch. A nice witch, but I want to look hot, but not trampy. I really like this guy and I think he likes me. What kind of cheap makeup can I wear to make me look hot ( not trampy )?:(:confused:

Makeup air [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have a 2 family that has 2 furnaces and a water heater w/ a total of 230000 BTU the mech room it is in is 1229.2 cubic ft the whole basement (finished) is 5562.2 cubic ft I installed four 16''vents one 12'' one 8'' and put a 24''x30'' vent on the door.The 16'' vents I put 2 up high &...

Makeup Kit [ 3 Answers ]

So, you know those eyeshadow sets that you can get at Walmart and Fred Meyer and such? I love those for the fact that they have a wide variety of eyeshadow colors. But hate that fact that the makeup islow quality. Do any good makeup brands make these?:p

Where do you buy your makeup? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I am trying to get stores to sell my fiance's aunt's new makeup line called about face by Pamela John. It is a mineral-based makeup line. The question I have for you all is where do you normally buy your makeup products? (department store, salon, independent...

View more questions Search