Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinker21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 07:55 PM
    Twin brothers both confessed to liking me
    I find myself in a very awkward position. A good friend of mine was dating this guy for quite some time. Meanwhile I was seeing his brother for a short span during their relationship. After my friend broke up with this person, he and I began chatting from time to time, eventually leading to several times a day, everyday.

There is always flirtation and discussion about relationships and sex, yet it was never clearly stated that we had real feelings for one another or that we would ever date, due to distance factors.

Then, months down the road, the brother I was once seeing comes back into my life and we speak on a regular basis. He asks me out to dinner and we have a great time. It appears as if that old spark is there. He flat out says he likes me.

A few days later after little hinting to each of them about the situation, my friends ex and my date's brother explains that he likes me and has for quite some time.

Not wanting to hurt either of these guys I do not know how to approach the situation. Both of them know that the other likes me but they do not discuss it ever.

What should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2009, 09:58 PM

Do you have a preference?
    Miss-JS Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2009, 01:43 AM

Be honist, it's the only decent thing you can do.. you should make a decision and stick to it otherwise you risk causing a conflict between the twins and that is awful!

If you are finding it hard to make your choice take abit of time out to think about it.

Remember, the most important thing you can do is be honist with them, one of them is going to get hurt.. it sounds innevitable, so just go about it in the most decent way possible

Hope this helps...
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 05:04 AM

Who is better for you?

Is either?

Don't go into a relationship simply because someone likes you.

There is always option c) neither.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 05:17 AM

First, how you friend feels about you dating her ex?

To be honest I wouldn't put myself in this situation because like you said "it's awkward". You already dated the brother.

And if do take up something with the brother, I would take the noble approach and ask the brother and your friend their feeling about this situation. But since both brothers like you I would find another guy to be involve with because if you become involve with the brother, I see nothing but problems down the road.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2009, 08:37 AM

Just me, I never mess with an exes sibling. UGH!!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Just me, I never mess with an exes sibling. UGH!!!
    This!!!

Way too creepy...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friend confessed feelings [ 65 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to the boards and find myself in a bit of a pickle. I've recently got out of a long term relationship and am still in the recovering period - I'm not over her. I took the break up pretty hard and have been leaning on the people closest to me pretty heavily recently.To add insult...

A Twin Shadow, Twin Ghost, Twin Guardian? [ 3 Answers ]

I have two friends (a male and a female) that they say that they have a twin - a black being, like a shadow that guards them.. They have different cases.. My female friend said that when someone sleeps in their house, especially for the first time, they notice someone who's like roaming around in...

What to do for him to stop liking her and start liking me [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this guy but I don't think he likes me as much. At first I thought he did cause he would let me play with his hair and told me he doesn't let anybody play with his hair the way that he lets me and all sorts of little things like that , that I would catch on to and the thing is that I...

What's the name of movie with two young twin brothers, one falls in well [ 1 Answers ]

OK I remember watching this movie and thinking it was kind of creepy. I remember two twin brothers one falls in a well and dies and his ghost is still around. The other brother cuts off his finger possibly thumb?! Maybe there was a ring on his finger or something. What's the name of this movie?

Girlfriend wants to get back together, but confessed to sleeping with friend [ 5 Answers ]

Good morning, This is my first post on this website, and it has been a rough 24 hours, so please bear with me. My girlfriend and I began dating my senior year of college. After graduation I moved away, but we remained together for another 1.5 years. Eventually, we felt as though the...

View more questions Search