Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 07:33 PM
    Paternity test
    The father, my boyfriend of 4 years, of my unborn child had passed away before we knew I was expecting.

His mother is going to do a dna test for me for his social security survivors benefits for the baby.

How accurate are tests like this done... not from the actual parent, but from the grandparent?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 08:25 PM

Very, it would show that he is of that family, it would not prove 100 percent to be your partner exactly, could be his brothers perhaps but it is a issue of what tests are admitted into court as evidence
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 08:32 PM

No brothers :)

I am 100 percent sure he is the father as I was faithful.

I just wanted to know if it will show his families dna.

It is important that it is accurate, since he is not here, I will need financial help... and his social security will help majorly.

Thanks fr_chuck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 08:46 PM

Yes, it can show that it was a male in that family and depending on the test to what generation, The main thing is that the courts accept it,
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 08:52 PM

This is not going through the courts.

It will go straight through the social security offices.

They want the dna with his mother and our baby's social security number.

They did not say, "oh, well we can't be sure he is the father because it might be one of his brothers."
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 08:56 PM

But I do understand what you are saying.

I just don't think that is the issue here :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity Test [ 6 Answers ]

My husband is trying to tell that the answer to his paternity come back as inconclusive because both of them are African-American. I know this is crap. Just want to make sure.

Paternity test [ 3 Answers ]

Wondering what I have to do to get a paternity test done. We have been divorced for over ten years and I have been paying support. I found some info that the child is not mine and I want to get to the bottom of this. Please help me

Paternity Test [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering my brother had a paternity test done in March and he still haven't received any papers in the mail saying he is or he is not the father. The girl he took it for we were told she got hers but she is saying she didn't so we don't no what to do we tried calling the child support...

Paternity Test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Im from Pennsylvania, My son passed away in Feb of this year, from a methadone overdose. The coroner told us it was the first time that my son had ever taken it ,otherwise the dose he took would have never killed him. Also the coroner stated that my son was drug free for at least 6-8 months,...

Ex wants paternity test [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancee's ex boyfriend claims that he is the father of our unborn child. Now according to the conception date there is no way possible for him to be the father,but regardless in an attempt to get back at her he is demanding a paternity test when the child is born. Just curious to the rights that...

View more questions Search