Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katsup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Where exactly do cartilage piercings go through?
    I'm getting my cartilage pierced tomorrow and I'm a bit anxious.
    A friend of mine told me they deliberately miss the cartilage and just go through the fleshy-skin part above the cartilage... contrary to what I've heard.
    Is she right or not and where exactly does the piercing go through?
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Jan 21, 2009, 06:09 PM

Would this be your ear, nose, tragus? The only place we would deliberately stay out of the cartilage is either your lobe or septum, depending on the size you're looking for- otherwise, yes if it is a cartilage piercing involving the ear, yes it is going straight through. It is very quick and most people would describe it as a bee sting type of feeling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Precautions for cartilage piercings done at home? [ 5 Answers ]

ok...i pierced my own cartilage,,, i used a safety pin and it feels like i thought it would pain when i lay on it,,,which i never did again,a little when i get close to the pierced place...are there any precautions i should worry about other than cleaning it?...I've been cleaning it by taking the...

Confused cartilage & belly piercings [ 8 Answers ]

Is there really a certain age you need to be to get a cartilage piercing? Because my friend has told me you need to be 18 or so but I doubted it at first. I know you need to be 18 to get your belly done from where I'm from, in calfornia. I know that you shouldn't remove the piercing from your...

Cartilage piercings [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so I was wondering how do I tell my mom that I want to pierce my cartilage. She has her navel done so I don't think that it will be a problem but you never no give me some help. :)

Cartilage piercings [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced on my left ear 2 days ago. It is extremely sore to touch and it is a bit red its not beat red its just a little red it doesn't hurt other than touching it and I'm doing the proper cleaning more so than it said. Do you think its infected? Or is it part of the healing...

Cartilage piercings - Yes or no? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. I'm thinking of getting my cartilage pierced on my ear. I've heard needles are the best way to go for many reasons and have read up a bit about keeping it clean etc. Any tips or warnings? Particularly, how long is it best to leave it before 1) swimming, 2) changing the stud/ring, 3)...

View more questions Search