Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 02:44 PM
    .rat poison and dogs
    My Dog aterat poision when my grandparents were babysitting her! :eek:She went to th vet and is now fine... :)but she got put on Viteman K I was just wondering what it is? And what it does?

Also she was malnurished when we got her and hs put on a lo of weight but you can still feel and see every bone in her body!! How can I help her gain wieght? For the mean time she doesn't go running like she used to... were trying to help her bulk up but she is WAY to active shejust cannot gain weight, the vet said she is still very much under weight but hdno suggestions on how to keep it on her!
    Any suggestions?
    No she does not have worms!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2009, 05:38 PM

The Vitamin K is to counteract the poison. Basically rat poison is a blood thinner and if not countered by the Vit K, the rat will die.

As far as gaining weight, just keep feeding the dog and the weight will eventually be gained.

What type of food are you feeding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Poison for Lizards [ 3 Answers ]

I know lizards are harmless but I am Terrified by them especiall about them enterng my house. If one got into my hose I would never enter it again. Is there a poison available to discourage them from being near my front door?

What kind of Poison? [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have an abscess on my gum the tooth feels like it is going to fall out of my mouth... Flossie can you tell me what type of poison can get into my body and if it is life threatening.

Poison Oak Prevention [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I went hiking Friday night with a close, intimate friend and he contracted severe poison oak about a day later. I didn't get any poison oak from this, but I was wearing jeans and long-sleeves. He had shorts and short-sleeves on. So while I most likely did not develop it from the plant, I...

Lead poison [ 4 Answers ]

Was paint with lead used on old models Of matchbox cars?

View more questions Search