Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorenawhiddon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
    Can my husband adopt my daughter her biological father was never around
    My husband has raise my daughter since she was days old we were married when she was about 4months his the only father in her life the biological father took off after he found out I was pregnant she has my last name and is starting school next year we both would really like her to had our last name before that what do I need to do I live in Florida and he (biological father in Texas some were)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 01:57 PM

You will need and attorney, you will follow the court rules on trying to contact and find the bio father. And try and get him to sign his rights away.

Often the threat of enforcing the child support order will help.

If he can not be found then there is often rules for that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my daughter her father not around! [ 6 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my daughter he has been with her ever since she was 13 months old and now almost 8 yrs old and her dad has'nt seen her since she was 12 months He pays child support only because it's court ordered but she don't know him and would probably be scared of him she don't know...

FiancŽ wants to adopt my son. Biological father is deceased [ 1 Answers ]

I have a four year old son. His biological father is deceased as of this year. My fiancé has been dad since he was four months old. Can my fiancé adopt him before we are married? And will this be a hard thing to do? If anyone can give me facts rather than opinions that would help tremendously....

Can my husband adopt my daughter since the biological father is deceased? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 years old and her biological father just died July 30th. My husband has been in her life for 7 years and I would like him to officially adopt her now. Also, I get social security for her every month so will that stop if my husband adopts?

Can my husband adopt can't find biological father [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my child if the biological father is nowhere to be found?

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father is not around? [ 13 Answers ]

I live with my husband and I have my daughter,which is not his biologically,but I also have a son that is his,so I was wondering if it is that he could adopt her without the father's consent,keeping in mind that her father is nowhere to be found.

View more questions Search