Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linnette1973 Posts: 36, Reputation: 0

Jan 21, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Need advise on budgeting my money.
    I am a single mom and make a really good salary. I currently only have student loan debt which I'm paying a very small payment of 51.00 a month and parking tickets (damn City is ripping me off). Every time, I start to save money something comes up (unexpected expense) and it wipes out my savings account. Then I start to pay things late and can't catch up.

Any advise on budgeting is appreciated. Thanks
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2009, 04:55 PM

Have you looked into Dave Ramsey's materials? A budget is a great idea, especially if you are nearly debt free.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2009, 05:10 PM

You might want to look at either Microsoft Money or Quicken to manage your money. Both programs allow you to categorize your expenses so you can track where everything goes. This is important when setting up a budget.

You could just make a list of your fixed expenses and compare that to your income, but I think you need to track your expenses for a bit before you can really setup a workable budget.

Frankly, though, if you make "a really good salary" and have no debts but student loans, you shouldn't get behind so much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Importance of time value of money in capital budgeting [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the time value of money so important in capital budgeting decisions? I read the policy on homework questions, and I have searched the accounting and finance questions without finding this. So I have answered the question but need assistance in finding out if I've covered it. Thank you~ ...

Time value of money-capital budgeting decisions [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the time value of money so important in capital budgeting decisions?

Seeking advise on giving advise [ 1 Answers ]

If you are sharing in a living situation with someone who you've found to be kind of a slob, i.e. not doing any cleaning nor taking care of personal hygiene, and it poses a health risk to both of you, how would you go about telling that person to cleanup? How can you tell another person that they...

View more questions Search