Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StrongButInLove Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Jan 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
    Needing to Hire
    Hi Everyone. I am an area manger for 9 different servic areas. Recently one of my site managers put in her 2 weeks. I am having difficulty deciding how I will handle this situation. I have several options to promote and barriers with each one.

1.The person next in the chain of commands at location A can be promoted. She has aot of experience at this location, but can be very difficult at times. She doesn't always follow directions and has a strong personality that overruns people at times

2. Another manager from location B wants this position (closer to home) but the two personalities would not mess well. This person is very emotional and would end up in tears if working with the person at location A

3. Hire from scratch. This is hard because they will have little training and I think the other person at location A may quite if I don't promote her.

I was contemplating moving my manager from location B to location A. Then offering management position at location B to person at location A. Then I can hire another person at location A. COMPLICATED HUH?

Any thoughts?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2009, 02:13 PM

Well this tells me, that the manager doing YOUR job is not doing it well, if they have not developed talent and if they have keep people who do not follow instructions and run over people.

And a management person does not break into tears.

I see none of these as good chocies to even consider. And to consider if you should have been keeping them in the future.

I would go outside, management is easy, a good manager can do almost any industry, if it the proper handlingo of people

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to hire a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Portuguese citizen and I had submitted by minor's son's papers 3 years ago. Everything is done but the file is pending in the Centrais in Lisbon. I made several trips and no one there wants to help. Wrote several letters and there are no replies. I would like to know if there is any lawyer...

New Hire Making More Money! [ 11 Answers ]

I've been working at this doctor's office for 3 years. When I started he had three girls, all of us did the same thing. Well to make a long story short the other two girls quit and I have been working by myself for over a year now. Here is the part in question. Every person my boss has hired in...

Can F1 be hire as 1099? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I did two internships with a company that hire me as 1099. Im not sure what the process is to file my taxes. Can I even be hire as a 1099 having a F1 visa? Or I have to be hire as w2?

Do I need to hire a CPA in a small LLC? [ 2 Answers ]

I know this might be a stupid question but anyway. I intend to form an LLC, which will be essentially operated by me. As I am new in the field I want to know if I would need to hire a CPA for the accounting and taxes and if yes, would it be sufficient to hire him or her only part time. The...

View more questions Search