Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Aug 2, 2006, 12:03 AM
    Searching for a prepaid service plan
    My husband is trying to locate a chapter of the Hemlock Society or The Neptune society. Does anyone know of any thing like that in Alabama? We are wanting to get things in order now instead of leaving things to each other or our family. Any help would be appreciated. T
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 2, 2006, 06:25 AM
    No, what you are wanting is support for assisted suicide, not help in getting things in order - or a prepaid funeral. If you are concerned about the costs of funeral and or the finicial planning for them, there are people who do just that. You can go with your family and discuss the funerial and have it all planned out prior to death, Even pick the type of caskets and head stone ( can even buy them mail order if you want)

And a will, a living will and a trust can set all the other matters in place.

Also while I deploy the entire killing one self idea, if you wish to contact those groups, a simple ( and I mean real simple) web search will come up with information on them.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Aug 2, 2006, 08:57 AM
    A few years ago I signed up and paid about $1600+ to the Neptune Society. I got the 'Deluxe" plan which will hunt down my corpse wherever I may expire, and turn it into a crispy critter. This is much cheaper and less fuss for the next of kin than a funeral home. I have instructed my son to spend some of the money saved on beer, for the party I expect him to throw afterwards. Neptune Society even provided a cheap wooden urn, that I don't plan to use. I told my son to mix my ashes with those of my long gone cat Kato and throw them in my back yard to help the grass grow. Just do a Google search for Neptune Society. If I were king, I would do away with cemeteries, as they are a waste of prime real estate.
    cromptondot Posts: 94, Reputation: 11

Aug 2, 2006, 10:27 PM
    Thanks,you guys for your help. Don't worry,I love myself too much to even think about suicide.I intend to stick around until until I am older than Methusula. Or dirt, whichever is older.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prepaid insurance an asset? [ 8 Answers ]

According the GAAP (the 3 asset criteria), how can I justify that Prepaid insurance is an asset? (i.e. I know that costs are known and that it will provide future benefit for the company, but is this future benefit measurable)?

Prepaid insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem... I am renewing my company's insurance policy and I am paying 25% downpayment of the premium in Sept. and the rest in 10 monthly installments. When I pay down the 25% do I record this is prepaid insurance? Also, the 10 monthly installments should be recorded as insurance...

Amortize prepaid insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question that I can't seem to answer. If I have a prepaid insurance on January 1st which benefits me a full calendar year . How do I amortize for 6months on June 30th and how would I list the journal entry . Any assitance would be more than appreciated

Where can I buy prepaid cards [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I buy a prepaid card to be able to download music from the internet for my MP3 player. I know I can download it for free, but I don't want to do that.

Prepaid Account [ 1 Answers ]

Company A is sending a check to Company B(manufacturing company) each month as a prepay to cover expenses. On the books of Company B upon receiving the check from Company A, the check would be recorded as a debit to cash and a credit to what? What type of prepaid account should be set up? Once...

View more questions Search