Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sawdavid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2009, 12:06 PM
    401K withdrawal to satisfy unpaid credit card debt
    Illness in the family over the last two years temporarily reduced income. Although incomes have risen again, credit card debt has become unmanageable. Would it be advantageous to withdraw 401K monies, which have declined in value approx 20%, and satisfy this debt.
    loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2009, 06:13 PM
    If you think that borrowing more money is going to help you, you had better be able to swim to stay away from the sharks.:rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being Sued for Unpaid Credit Card Debt. [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings and thank you for reading my question. I have read several other post with questions similar to mine however, I wanted to put my exact situation to remove any question as to what I should do. I have been served a summons and "REQUIRED TO SERVE UPON THE PLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEY A COPY OF...

Summons for unpaid credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a summons for unpaid credit card debt. I don't know how to proceed as I can't afford a lawyer and really don't have the money to make payments right now. I have been ill for the last couple of years and am not working permanently right now. I work at a temporary service while I...

401K withdrawal versus paying credit card interest [ 3 Answers ]

We are thinking about withdrawing some funds from my husband's 401k. We are drowning in credit card debt and can not see our way out. He's 51 years old but probably won't be able to retire at 65 anyway. My thinking is that we pay off all card debt and with the money that would go for monthly...

Credit card debt vs 401k money [ 3 Answers ]

I have a particular problem and not sure how to handle it. I was let go from my company and am presently waiting for a hearing for unemployment compensation so I have no income coming in. I do not have this months mortgage payment coming due July 1st and I have really good credit and did not want...

View more questions Search